Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter on Carl Froch: You Can't Force Guys To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
    problem is neither thurman and Garcia wants to fight Spence
    Don't forget spence became mando to IBF belt and stated if brook don't want to fight me after he done with GGG or not dropping back down to 147 vacate belt now so he can fight next guy in line but Steve Kim leaves out stuff cause it won't fit into his narrative of GGG most feared boxer of all time

Comment

I bet Carl could still make 168 for Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        Truth. GGG has to be the most feared middleweight in the history of the sport. Fans can debate, but fighters know. Prime GGG was superhuman. Now that he's getting older, I predict you finally see guys face him once he's 35, 36, and the speed, power, and stamina aren't the same. Once he's vulnerable, opponents will pounce on him trying to get that scalp and the $ that will come with a GGG win. But certainly during his prime years he has been more avoided than any fighter I can think of in middleweight history.
        He's only been punched in the face about 10 times. Most fighters with that come-forward style have been in lots of wars but Golovkin is realtively unscathed at 35 fights. I don't see him losing too much ability or speed any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Froch can't make 168 anymore either.
          Here's Froch telling Loeffler he can't make 168 last year when they were talking about the fight. He told Loeffler he could make 172. Froch hadn't fought in almost 2 years. Inactivity.
          Thanks for this info. By last year, I meant when they negotiated to make the fight. I guess it was longer back than I remembered. But the quote you cited does say that, that when they were negotiating the fight (2 years ago? 3?), the weight class in play was 168. That's what I meant. It's not like GGG was offering to fight Froch at 172, but would only fight Ward at 168. He was offering Froch 168 too is my point.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Thanks for this info. By last year, I meant when they negotiated to make the fight. I guess it was longer back than I remembered. But the quote you cited does say that, that when they were negotiating the fight (2 years ago? 3?), the weight class in play was 168. That's what I meant. It's not like GGG was offering to fight Froch at 172, but would only fight Ward at 168. He was offering Froch 168 too is my point.
            There were never any negotiations. Loeffler said they talked about the fight but Froch wasn't sure if he wanted to fight anymore. That was last year in the spring/summer. The info I gave you was from December after they met face to face.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

The art of nutt-huggery in full display...
              No, nutt-huggery is when fans latch onto fighters when there is no reason to. Fighters who are boring, and go their entire careers never fighting an elite guy, in his prime, in his best weight class, with his normal gloves. Like what Floyd did. That's nutt-huggery, actually being a fan of a fighter who openly says the fact he cherry picks fights is a good thing, because he's not fighting to prove who the best is, and everything is "supposed to go easy for me." A fighter like that who openly admits he just cares about making money for low risk, not about legacy or the sport. Who exploits his own fans, as Max Kellerman explained.

How could anyone be a fan of a fighter like that who openly uses his fans and doesn't care about the sport, doesn't even see boxing as a sport, just a business to manipulate people with so he can pretend to be taking risks against top guys, but really just fighting the right guys at the right time with the right stipulations to ensure zero risks and "easy work"? No true fan of the sport of boxing would ever root for a fighter who doesn't even see boxing as a sport, and doesn't care about proving who the best is, only selling lies to his fans to take money from their wallets if they're stupid enough to buy the merchandise of a boxer who is against the sport of boxing.

That is nutt-huggery. Me? I just tell the truth. Boxing Logic. Boxing Truth. Same deal. What middleweight in history has been ducked by every top guy in his division, and in the division above him? Name me one lol. You'll probably say "Hagler" like a casual but Hearns and Duran both fought him, as well as many others. What top guys have been willing to fight GGG? None, because they see an all time great. Power is one thing, but it's GGG's footwork, technique, and boxing ability that make him special. Even Andre Ward said so. Go watch the Rosado fight where he commentates. He said GGG is like Julio Cesar Chavez Sr., but more skilled and better. He says everyone focuses on GGG's power but GGG is actually an incredible boxer. The way he uses the power jab, then throws left uppercuts off the jab, right uppercuts, mixing in combinations, intentionally wide hooks to keep his opponent from escaping to the sides, the left hook to the body, it's incredible. Watch him without sipping haterade before the fight, and you'll see he is a living boxing technique manual. He is the prototypical boxer puncher in the history of the division. Hagler had a lot of reach on him and possibly speed in his prime, so I'm not saying one is better than the other, but in terms of pure technique, fluidity, balance, boxing skills, and power... before him, JCC Sr. was considered the prototype... now even Andre Ward admits, GGG is the updated model. You will likely never see another boxer-puncher as polished and powerful as GGG in your lifetime.

Now maybe you sip too much haterade, so you don't want to see it, or maybe your boxing eye just isn't trained well enough to see it. But the other boxers know. There's a reason even the toughest guy at 168, Froch, talked about "swerving Golovkin like the plague." There's a reason Degale is chasing Jack instead of GGG even though he would make five times as much money fighting GGG, who is also the smaller guy. But he knows he can't win.

There's a reason Andre Ward only sent GGG an offer after he'd already signed to fight David Lemieux, and even that offer called for two-three tuneup fights before facing GGG. Virgil Hunter says weighs 200 pounds outside of the gym http://www.boxingscene.com/video-vir...awford--107413. GGG weighs 170-175 max outside the gym. So you'd think Ward wouldn't need tuneup fights before fighting someone who is naturally 25 pounds lighter than him lol. I mean that is a lot. 4 weight classes. Except that Ward couldn't make 168, which was the biggest thing, since even at 168 he was a "scaled down light heavyweight" according to Virgil Hunter again, but even if he could, it's because he knows how dangerous GGG is. Darnell Boone hurt Ward badly and GGG is much better than Boone, and much more relentless. Which Ward already attested to when he commentated his fight, saying how good GGG is.

So don't call me the GGG nutt-hugger. Andre Ward is the one who told the world how good he is. And anyone with boxing knowledge can see that GGG is an all time great. I'm a fan of Kovalev but Kellerman was right, GGG has that blue chip skills, balance, and combinations that put even Kovalev to shame. His chin is better also. You'd figure Kovalev's power at 175 is better, but pound for pound GGG is the better fighter, and the most talented fighter of his era along with Pacquiao. I know you will say Floyd but you can't include someone in a discussion of who the best is when he himself said he wasn't fighting to prove who the best is lol. I mean be real. Plus outside of weight drained guys like Corrales, Floyd could only win one way, with speed and boxing. GGG and Pacquiao can box on the back foot like Floyd, but they can also bring the pressure and combinations. They can do it all, much more complete.

Those are just the facts. You can call me names but that won't change the facts, and Andre Ward backs me up.

Comment

Lol yeah Froch ran from Golovkin. I loved Froch - he would fight anyone. Then after the first Groves fight and he wouldn't give Groves a deserved rematch - that's when he started to show signs of cowardice. Finally he was forced into the rematch which he won. Golovkin showed up and Carl retired. Good choice made by Carl but hardly the warrior of old at that point.

Comment

Smaller and retired guys in GGG agenda. Bravo!

Comment

Froch can't make 168 anymore either.
                    He had the chance to back up his bull**** when he could make 168 and he chose to retire instead.
                    One called bluff wiped out all the goodwill Froch had built up and reduced him to just another **** mouth f@gg0t

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                      He had the chance to back up his bull**** when he could make 168 and he chose to retire instead.
                      One called bluff wiped out all the goodwill Froch had built up and reduced him to just another **** mouth f@gg0t
                      Just like they had a chance to fight Ward when he was at 168 but they offered him 164 and now they're saying if Ward was still at 168 they would fight him. Right? Froch was unofficially retired at the time and never came back. When he offered 172, since he had been out of the ring so long he couldn't make 168, they said no thanks. I'm gonna ask the same question GGG fan ask. How can you duck someone that's not in your division? Better yet, how can you duck someone when you're retired?

Comment

Working...
                      X