Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: I'll Fight Golovkin Before Canelo Does - For Right Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jacobs: I'll Fight Golovkin Before Canelo Does - For Right Money

Daniel Jacobs believes he'll challenge Gennady Golovkin for middleweight supremacy before Canelo Alvarez ever embraces that dangerous fight. The WBA world middleweight title-holder wants nothing more than to upset Golovkin and earn recognition as one of the best boxers in the world. It's a career-defining fight the Brooklyn native expects to happen sometime in 2017.
    [Click Here To Read More]

2-3m should be more than enough but he sounds like he wants 4-5m(not close to 8 figures) lmao gtfo cancer boy.

Whats wrong with these haymon fighters, who would rather fight 4 salkas, 2 quillins lmao

Fight aint happening with that bullsht mentality

Comment

what's the point of his career if he's happy with the jr belt and doesn't want to be world champ? I understand he took a KO loss early in his career to a great fighter and had to battle back from that and cancer to get to where he is today. But he may as well retire if he doesn't want to be world champ. What's his end game? To keep fighting Sergio Mora?

Comment

“It didn’t have the potential to make what I believe was fair. I made a career-high, on record, of $1.5 million for the Quillin fight. And to have it kind of close to that, I was like, ‘Wait a second. I could fight two Peter Quillins and make the same thing.’ So let’s up the numbers just a little bit to make me happy. I’m not asking for no crazy double digits [eight figures] or anywhere close to that. But do me right, man.”
        Ouch, so he was offered more than 1.5m, prob 2 but 2 Quillins could also mean 3m unless hes acknowledging his purses are dropping. But it won't take 8 figures lol. What's the odds on Danny dropping the regular belt if that mando gets ordered next? Bjs Wbo is the most valuable belt in boxing at the moment

Comment

Danny seems to think people don't understand him wanting to get paid.

Of course, we do.

I think most people just ask the amount he requests be at least realistic, whoever he is fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Ouch, so he was offered more than 1.5m, prob 2 but 2 Quillins could also mean 3m unless hes acknowledging his purses are dropping. But it won't take 8 figures lol. What's the odds on Danny dropping the regular belt if that mando gets ordered next? Bjs Wbo is the most valuable belt in boxing at the moment
            Jacobs will be WBA champ next year. The fight will go to purse bids which Haymon will win and Lil G will drop the title because he won't fight off HBO.

Comment

Jacobs is another 'Quillin' . When wba will tell him to fight GGG or get stripped ?????????????

Comment

Jacobs right there admitted why the Haymon welfare model is stupid....dude just said he could fight 2 Quillins for the same money than a Golovkin. The PBC killed itself by paying way over market value...the generation thats out there are spoiled but hopefully the next will have realistic views of what they're worth in the real market, since we're starting to see purses dropping accordingly.

Comment

And somebody wrote a topic asking why the middleweight division was considered weak

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    Jacobs right there admitted why the Haymon welfare model is stupid....dude just said he could fight 2 Quillins for the same money than a Golovkin. The PBC killed itself by paying way over market value...the generation thats out there are spoiled but hopefully the next will have realistic views of what they're worth in the real market, since we're starting to see purses dropping accordingly.
                    He's stupid because he couldn't make that much money the second time around facing Quillin. That fight isn't worth that much. He's just talking non-sense

Comment

Working...
                    X