Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward vs Kovalev - whats going on with Roc Nation and Andre Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    at the very least they're being horribly unprofessional. this is a major ppv in vegas. people fly in from all over the world. you need to announce ticket sales and make the fight "official" or i am not going to be able to go.

i'm genuinely starting to think they were trying to either get out fo the fight, or get it moved. i'm probably not going to go for that reason. i don't have confidence in teh fight happening.

yeah man it sucks, how can someone buy a ticket and make plans in confidence giving how shaky and shady ward is period and couple that with how weird they been acting toward this fight doesnt instill buyer confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      It would have been just the first press conference, not the only one!
      Canelo-Khan made 3 press c. in 4 days (London-NY-CA).Ward-Kovalev will do 3 city at max.Probably only two.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
        Ward not making any statements on his instagram or twitter and not doing any interviews. Coach Hunter not even doing any kind of interviews.

I dont think the fight happens. imo inthink ward was just cashing out with tune up one upping hbo .. notice how larry always says the same thing. How he never has any real input on the facts. Larry has been bringing his c game to the poster game.
        Maybe just maybe Ward is treating this fight like the fight of his life which it certainly is. No interviews no bs just hardcore training. Kinda like Floyd v manny. Floyd cut most of his bs out for that fight.

Comment

Word on the street is if we don't hear anything in the next couple days to one week this fight might actually be in danger.

Will the Ward apologists and usual suspects put the blame on Kovalev and Main Events again if there are problems? I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
            Word on the street is if we don't hear anything in the next couple days to one week this fight might actually be in danger.

Will the Ward apologists and usual suspects put the blame on Kovalev and Main Events again if there are problems? I wonder.
            Wouldn't than depend on why the fight didn't happen?

Comment

see roc nation gettin a lot of flack which is a bit unfair. At the end of the day, if a fighter doesnt want to fight, the promoters cant force him into the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                What a piece of work Andre Ward is.
                yeah , he is stupid as well 'apart of the circus' lol. always said he wasnt the sharpest tool in the box, cobras not some great talker but remember him making ward look stupid throughout the build up to that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                  I dont give a fuck what he thinks, what he thinks has absolutely no bearings on my life or how I live it. I watch boxing for entertainment and Kovalev brings that entertainment and ward does not. Simple as that, you race cry babies are some low I.Q. emotional ass nerds lmfao, Grow the fuck up.
                  Well said. Props.

Comment

Not much of a fan of Ward or Kovalev but it just doesn't seem to be getting the hype it needs. Doesn't seem like it's official either. Whatever, **** it

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                      If the fight doesn't happen this year there will be plenty of blame to go around as both sides seem to have done things counterproductive to insuring the fight take place. I still don't know why the f#ck Main Events held a presser knowing Ward wasn't coming. She should have postponed that presser & been on the phone with RN or having someone else speak to RN to iron out whatever issues are still causing problems with things moving forward.

The funny thing with all this is I think Kovalev & Ward are both down to throw down, but I suspect Main Events & Roc Nation could f#ck up a 8 year olds birthday party.

Comment

Working...
                      X