Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rio Team Summary: Uzbekistan Tops Cuba, Makes HUGE Splash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rio Team Summary: Uzbekistan Tops Cuba, Makes HUGE Splash

The 2016 Rio-de-Janeiro Summer Olympics have come to an end, effectively ending what was a special Olympic boxing tourney in more than one way. Putting a much more detailed and thorough analysis aside (for this moment), the last day of the Olympics presents everyone with a very good reason for a medal count by countries. This year the results were both predictable and sensational.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ahkmadaliev and Dusmatov were the best from Uzbekistan both guys should transition nicely to the pros.

Cuba had the two all around best fighters though, Robeisy and La Cruz are on another level from the rest.

Comment

payoffs work.

Comment

Boxing is a worldwide sport and don't care where the come from as long as they had talent.

So we will see cause i don't put much stock into olympic medalists as pros.

Comment

kazakhstan was unlucky to have levit, alimkhanuly and sattibayev get robbed

Comment

Originally posted by JibbaJabber View Post
            payoffs work.
            Unfortunately they do.

Comment

The best team Uzbekistan will likely ever put together.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                The best team Uzbekistan will likely ever put together.
                depends

i assume their success this year will inspire young uzbeks to take up boxing and inspire the government to keep investing in it

also, most of the stars of this team are young and will likely be around for the next decade, so we'll see plenty more of them

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  depends

i assume their success this year will inspire young uzbeks to take up boxing and inspire the government to keep investing in it

also, most of the stars of this team are young and will likely be around for the next decade, so we'll see plenty more of them
                  Uzbek's have always had a rich tradition in boxing, due to their Soviet influence. But In 2008 and 2012 they combined for one bronze.

I said before that this is their golden generation. If they turn pro like the Ukrainian team from 2012 they will have to reset and start over. That would probably take a decade or so fix. Just look at the Ukrainian 2016 team, they left with 0 medals and were a total embarrassment.

Anyways, I'm excited to see some of these guys go pro especially Dusmatov who was the Val Barker winner.

Comment

Uzbekistan is officially AIBA's new cash cow. They do have good boxers but at least 3 of their medals are controversial.

Cuba and then Kazakhstan currently have the best boxers for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X