Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Bundu Bout Draws PBC Network-Record 6 Million Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for Spence

Should lead to some big opportunities for him

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      So you are saying it was a smart marketing move by Haymon? You are right. It exactly what television networks do to new shows -- insert them in a time slot between two established hit shows.
      True. And this shows the networks that with some support people are willing to watch boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        That's the most impressive part about the numbers.
        Agreed. I don't know what boxing typically gets in that category but it sounds dam high given the total volume of viewership.

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Crazy 6 mil ppl hear Danny Jacobs mispronounce bundus name 20 times
        Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        That's most likely why it did so well. Smart move by PBC.

If this was Rocnation they would had Ward fighting during the closing ceremonies.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Crazy 6 mil ppl hear Danny Jacobs mispronounce bundus name 20 times
          Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          That **** was PISSSSSIIIINGGG ME OFF. He kept calling him Buncu and the worst part is no one in his damn ear corrected him!
          THEY CORRECTED HIM AND HE KEPT DOING IT Coming out of the commercial break after the first round you can hear him saying "Bundu" and then laughing. But he kept saying it wrong afterwards. That **** was pissing me off because I know they corrected him after the first round and he kept saying it

At the 5:45 mark in the video
          http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4p...-08-2016_sport

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            THEY CORRECTED HIM AND HE KEPT DOING IT Coming out of the commercial break after the first round you can hear him saying "Bundu" and then laughing. But he kept saying it wrong afterwards. That **** was pissing me off because I know they corrected him after the first round and he kept saying it

At the 5:45 mark in the video
            http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4p...-08-2016_sport
            Yea I noticed that live banku

Comment

Originally posted by TheUnbiased View Post
              Great numbers, nuthuggers dont kill the moment witj dckriding. Haymon had 0 to do with the numbers, if that was the case all his events would be as sucessful.
              Boxing is getting 500k to 750k besides Golovkin on HBO, Haymon has had 2 events do over 4 million.

Comment

Jacobs is dumb man

Comment

Keeping 75% of the audience for a USA men's basketball gold medal game is impressive. I honestly thought it would do 3 million at most. Spence is drawing 4,000 people in New York for mismatches. The list of guys who can do better is Golovkin, Danny and Manny.

Comment

Great For PBC, don't matter if the fight was squeezed into the rotation during the Olympics that was actually a genius move to showcase Erroll Spence Jr to the world during the Olympics and he delivered the goods in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      Went out to lunch with fam downtown sj and olympics on. After they changed it to preseason eagles game. Don't know what happened but 15 min later went back to fight. I'm happy so who cares. Fun card and good crowd for spence showed he's growing to some. A few oohs and aaahhs and for a small minute spence name was in the air. New fans were made. Keeps winning and people will remember the name

Like the kid. Being brought up right.
                      I'm an eagles fan in san jose and I was flipping the channels. GO Eagles!

Comment

Working...
                      X