No announcement yet.

Darnell boone interview on ward, kovalev, stevenson, golovkin & brook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    but people on here have told me GGG's power is overrated? They must know more than boone
    Are you purposely trying to be annoying? At first I thought you were rational and lately all I see are troll post. I get that your a fan and you want to defend your boxer but what your doing lately is as bad as the one who just hates on him all day.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
      Are you purposely trying to be annoying? At first I thought you were rational and lately all I see are troll post. I get that your a fan and you want to defend your boxer but what your doing lately is as bad as the one who just hates on him all day.
      i am rational, just saying article takes the piss out of those who on here say golovkins power isnt great

Comment

Interesting. Ward has looked less agile at 175 but I don't think much of it because his first 2 opponents weren't very threatening.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          Interesting. Ward has looked less agile at 175 but I don't think much of it because his first 2 opponents weren't very threatening.
          I thought he looked okish in the Barrera fight, ring rust/new weight perhaps etc etc but the last fight he looked terrible.... i can't believe how everyone gives him a pass on that performance, surely it's cause for concern how bad he looked against,...let's be honest, a guy who was not fit to be his sparring partner?

He could not even put a single combination together, let's be real here if that's Ward from 2010 he stop's that dude without breaking a sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            I thought he looked okish in the Barrera fight, ring rust/new weight perhaps etc etc but the last fight he looked terrible.... i can't believe how everyone gives him a pass on that performance, surely it's cause for concern how bad he looked against,...let's be honest, a guy who was not fit to be his sparring partner?

He could not even put a single combination together, let's be real here if that's Ward from 2010 he stop's that dude without breaking a sweat.
            Yea I had to go back and watch those two fights (couldn't sit all the way thru the Brand fight) and you could tell he was trying to get his timing back in the Barrera fight.

Comment

I like fighters who actually follow the sport and analyze the fighters/fights. It's a good perspective sometimes...as opposed to guys just talking out their azz.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                Ive had a few conversations with Boone on FB. He is in camp and says he has a fight in Spain in sep. Cool guy, likes talking with fans.
                You're right! I just hit him up on Facebook. He said he's gonna try getting someone to upload his first bout with Kovalev. Apparently no one has it but him

Comment

Very good interview

Comment

Originally posted by King Krusher View Post
                    You're right! I just hit him up on Facebook. He said he's gonna try getting someone to upload his first bout with Kovalev. Apparently no one has it but him
                    Yep. In that interview he said he has it on his digital camera. I forgot to put that part in there. Let me edit it

Comment

Nice post and good read. I liked what Boone said here, that "Brook may walk around as a middleweight but fighting at that weight is a whole lot different."

And I agree, he was definitely mismanaged and I believe he also didn't have a amateur career. KO'ing Adonis Stevenson, almost KO'ing Andre Ward and dropping Kovalev 4x, he has a hell of a punch. Shame he didn't have the right people backing him, I think he could of been a good fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X