Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nate Diaz is all over US talk shows, all over the news. MMA has over taken boxing :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Diaz is all over US talk shows, all over the news. MMA has over taken boxing :(

Unfortunately it seems that boxing's lack of great fights and stars, due to Floyd's handling of his time at the top and the damp squib that was Pac-May, has caused UFC to really over take boxing.

Their brand is now far stronger than boxing I think, and they're getting all the shine.

Can any American lads speak about the relative hype surrounding each sport on average in the USA?

As long as we all know boxing is the better sport, that's all that matters

Comment

I literally have not seen him on tv and had no idea the fight was even happening

Comment

Don't blame Floyd for this.

Boxing is just in a temporary downturn at the moment while the next big star emerges to replace him.

Every sport has up and down periods. In 2014 the NBA Finals had very low and disappointing ratings yet this year the league caught fire and the Finals had the highest ratings in 18 years.

True fans stick around during all the ebbs and flows.
        Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 08-20-2016, 06:28 PM.

Comment

One person on my social media sites has mentioned the fight tonight.

Comment

i'm so happy that if it were to be ANYONE, it was a diaz brother.

i'm sure most people here would agree with that. if not, fuk 'um, b.

Comment

I read yesterday the fight hadn't sold many tickets

Comment

RED K REPLY HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                It's funny to blame the PPV king who fought every big star of his era, no matter how media made it look like.
                The reason boxing is on a downfall is that current big names don't give fans what they want. UFC makes the fights people want, UFC fighters don't have the option of ducking bcz they work for some biti1ches.
                Also racism played a good part on this downfall. Boxing has been dominated by Latinos and Africanos, of course white people wanted someone to represent them and it just couldn't be a black person. Red K me or not, but it's just a fact that majority of UFC fighters and so fans are white.

Comment

trashy white people eat that sh#t up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
                    Unfortunately it seems that boxing's lack of great fights and stars, due to Floyd's handling of his time at the top and the damp squib that was Pac-May, has caused UFC to really over take boxing.

Their brand is now far stronger than boxing I think, and they're getting all the shine.

Can any American lads speak about the relative hype surrounding each sport on average in the USA?
                    Agreed. That's what happens when the best fight the best all the time. Nobody wants to watch tune up fights or complete mismatches

Comment

Working...
                    X