No announcement yet.

Is Lennox Lewis the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    true but Lewis did in a much stronger era, wlad couldnt do it in the same era
    Vitali could have though, people can say what they want but Lewis was done when that fight was stopped and I assure you I like Lewis more than I do Vitali. Vitali would have been a monster if he cared about it as much as Wlad did.

Comment

Lewis's people wanted no part of an over the hill Holmes in the early 90's.
      They saw what happened to Ray Mercer.
      Lewis got KO'd by lesser opponents. No excuses.
      Lewis would not hit early version of Ali very much. Ali wins.
      Over the hill Holyfield could have been given the W in their rematch. Evander did lose convincingly in the first fight.
      Lewis should have rematched Vitali. He didn't for obvious reason.
      Lewis is not the very best but he definitely was one of the greats.
      Sadly in the 90's we could have had so many great fights with Foreman or Bowe. Or how about in 1989 if Tyson defended against Lewis? It was Lewis early in his career but he was the same age as Tyson.
      Instead he fought a many years washed up Tyson in a meaningless fight that proved nothing. Not Lewis's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        H2H Lewis is the Greatest HW of all time.
        He got sparked twice by one punch, come on man.

Comment

true but Lewis did in a much stronger era, wlad couldnt do it in the same era
          rahman and mccall
          brewster, sanders and ross (with brewster, wlad was completely spent after dominating brewster for the 1st 4 rds easily)

not a single guy worth mentioning. i still say their chins werent the prob.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
            He got sparked twice by one punch, come on man.
            He got caught it happens. He beat them in rematches.

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
              Lewis's people wanted no part of an over the hill Holmes in the early 90's.
              They saw what happened to Ray Mercer.
              Lewis got KO'd by lesser opponents. No excuses.
              Lewis would not hit early version of Ali very much. Ali wins.
              Over the hill Holyfield could have been given the W in their rematch. Evander did lose convincingly in the first fight.
              Lewis should have rematched Vitali. He didn't for obvious reason.
              Lewis is not the very best but he definitely was one of the greats.
              Sadly in the 90's we could have had so many great fights with Foreman or Bowe. Or how about in 1989 if Tyson defended against Lewis? It was Lewis early in his career but he was the same age as Tyson.
              Instead he fought a many years washed up Tyson in a meaningless fight that proved nothing. Not Lewis's fault.
              Tyson would have murdered Lewis then. Lewis was always a little clumsy but he was amateurish until he got with Manny. Tyson decapitates Lewis in 89.

Comment

Yea, I agree. Larry Holmes is probably the best HW ever aside from Joe Louis ever. Holmes is criminally underrated. I dont think Ali could have ever beat Holmes, he was a special fukin fighter. There will be a lot of youngsters who didnt watch him live and some more who dksab argue this but trust me.

Holmes would have made fools of the Klit brothers in the same night btw.
                Joe Louis would be soundly out pointed by Ali, , out pointed by Larry, KOed by Lennox, out pointed by Vitali, KOed by Wlad, and out pointed by Tyson Fury, at least, what planet are you on? Your opinion doesnt count you are no where near reality get out

Comment

Yea, I agree. Larry Holmes is probably the best HW ever aside from Joe Louis ever. Holmes is criminally underrated. I dont think Ali could have ever beat Holmes, he was a special fukin fighter. There will be a lot of youngsters who didnt watch him live and some more who dksab argue this but trust me.

Holmes would have made fools of the Klit brothers in the same night btw.
                  taking nothing away from joe, im just partial to holmes. i think he would have outboxed joe. joe was very methodical in his attacks. if holmes was stupid enough to stand and trade....then it would have been larrys last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    He got caught it happens. He beat them in rematches.
                    You dont seriously think Lewis is in the discusion for the greatest ever at HW do you? Look I like Lewis and he was the dominate HW of his era hands down but this is all fantasy talk here. Lewis doesnt beat Holmes in his prime and probably gets stopped (not koed, stopped) Joe Louis does knock him out and so does Holyfield. Tyson was a faded sad version of what he was he probably gets him to and id give big George a 50/50 shot at him Ali dances and 1-2s him all night. Lewis is up there but he isnt the goat.

Comment

Joe Louis would be soundly out pointed by Ali, , out pointed by Larry, KOed by Lennox, out pointed by Vitali, KOed by Wlad, and out pointed by Tyson Fury, at least, what planet are you on? Your opinion doesnt count you are no where near reality get out
                      imho great boxers probably would outlast joe. joes hope would be catching lenny, wlad and out of shape fury with a shot. power is the equalizer of those fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X