No announcement yet.

RJJ vs. Hagler at 160lbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJJ vs. Hagler at 160lbs

Who would have won this fight between the two greatest middleweights ever?

imho, hagler would have reached rjj chin by the 8th. hagler would have needed a ko too.

Comment

great match up, two amazing fighters. Im going to go with hagler on this one though, think he would get to RJJ eventually.

Comment

I am going with RJJ. Too much speed and power.

Comment

Nobody beats Roy at MW I dont think.

Comment

Roy was still a touch green at 160. I kind of want to lean towards Hagler to gut it out.

Comment

I feel that Roy would win, but it would be difficult.

Comment

hagler wasnt a throw 10 to land 1 guy. he had skill and could switch it up without missing a step. no one kos hagler so rjj would have to put in work.

it would be rjj athleticism vs haglers tenacity.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Roy was still a touch green at 160. I kind of want to lean towards Hagler to gut it out.
                  He was green, but he was also very big for a middleweight, hence the reason he moved up so quickly. He just couldn't make the weight. So it would be a green, but bigger and still very fast Jones vs a much more experienced, very skilled but much smaller Hagler.

Tricky one. It's hard to tell quite how Jones would have handled someone like Hagler at that stage, though I do think Jones would have given anyone in history trouble. 15 rounds?

Jones was also roided and Hagler was not. It makes a difference.

Comment

Roy Jones Jr off the steroids this means Hagler would get to him eventually in the later portions of the fight and put him to sleep.

Roy Jones Jr on his stack this means he would likely clown Hagler for the full 12 rounds and take a UD victory.

Comment

Working...
                    X