Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: Gilberto Ramirez is Most Likely Fight at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramirez is the weakest belt holder at 168, many better fighters at that weight then him. He's been protected his career and probably should be fighting at 175 in the first place, he's huge in size and melts himself down to bully 168lbers. Not a fan of his style he's boring as Fuk. He is basically the mexican lara running in the ring in snoozefest fights. But I'll settle for GGG fighting him at this point, he's been saying he will move up and fight guys at 168 for what 3-4 years now so I won't hold my breath I've seen this song and dance from GGG camp call out fighters then turn around and waste years fighting in crappy 160 begging Welterweights and Superwelterweight that have never fought a day at 160 to move up and fight him because he's too chicken to move up himself.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
      These clowns are just going to hate on everything he does. I don't bother to respond to those guys.

I honestly think 168 will give less of a challenge than the top mw but when he decides to move to and fight a bigger fighter like these clowns been asking for they still complain. It's unreal.
      What has he actually done though? All this talk of potential fights but there is always a reason why he doesn't end up in a real fight. Logic says if the 160 guys are scared you start fighting 168 guys. Brook is about money....ok...after that let's not see a focus on one guy and then when that doesn't happen....excuses fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        I'll believe this fight happening when GGG shts unicorns out of his @ss! This fight has ZERO % chance of happening. Heard this story what?? Like 30 times already??
        Idiot's buying this pie in the sky story about maybe moving up a year from now when this chump and his promoter have talked this same song and dance about finally challenging himself and moving up for almost half a decade literally over a dozen different times name dropping fighters he NEVER fights. If you buying it now you just a fool. He will do what he always does talk about it then fight no named bums at 160 instead or try and drag welterweight and superwelterweights up because those are less a threat then he himself moving up and fighting bigger fighters.

Comment

LMAO...sitting back and waiting for the usual suspects.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Idiot's buying this pie in the sky story about maybe moving up a year from now when this chump and his promoter have talked this same song and dance about finally challenging himself and moving up for almost half a decade literally over a dozen different times name dropping fighters he NEVER fights. If you buying it now you just a fool. He will do what he always does talk about it then fight no named bums at 160 instead or try and drag welterweight and superwelterweights up because those are less a threat then he himself moving up and fighting bigger fighters.
            EXACTLY!!! It's a name drop like the 100 other times to get GGG fans panties all wet. On top of that his shty mandatories take up 75% of his fights. And then he's trying to get the WBO Belt. He had to WRITE to the WBC just for then to approve of Brook. We ALL know the IBF if they stripped Fury for Klitz rematch over their POS! They'll strip GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
              All that is interesting but we are talking about potential fights in 2017. If Golovkin's team can talk about about potential Super Middleweight opponents possibly a year from now, then all of the top Super Middleweights should be in consideration instead of just the least experienced one simply because he is potentially the biggest revenue opponent. That's called a business decision and we already heard Golovkin criticize those in the past.
              2017, right. I just explained the winner of DeGale/Jack will have two mandatories (WBC/IBF) to address in the first half of 2017, at which point Golovkin could've already fought Rameriz. Golovkin/DeGale is the fight I want most, if we can get that in second half of 2017 that's awesome. I prefer DeGale/Golovkin over Golovkin/Alvarez anyday, so here's hoping Alvarez keeps ducking.

Comment

So this is that financailly viable fight at 168 Loeffler has been talking about. I'm pretty sure if Ramirez would've been on that Crawford undercard it would've sold 51k instead of 50k

Comment

Ramirez is not very good and only has one win over an ancient Abraham but at least it'll be a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Ramirez is the weakest belt holder at 168, many better fighters at that weight then him. He's been protected his career and probably should be fighting at 175 in the first place, he's huge in size and melts himself down to bully 168lbers. Not a fan of his style he's boring as Fuk. He is basically the mexican lara running in the ring in snoozefest fights. But I'll settle for GGG fighting him at this point, he's been saying he will move up and fight guys at 168 for what 3-4 years now so I won't hold my breath I've seen this song and dance from GGG camp call out fighters then turn around and waste years fighting in crappy 160 begging Welterweights and Superwelterweight that have never fought a day at 160 to move up and fight him because he's too chicken to move up himself.
                    Really. Weakest. How about freakin Badou Jack . Dude lost on Espn for christ sake. Give me a break. I bet you were praising Hopkins for staying so long at 160 weren't you. You folks are straight hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
                      Bute reportedly hydrated to about 180-182 pounds, Ward to about 176-178, Edison Miranda 183-185, Ramirez to about 178-180 yet somehow Ramirez is a massive Super Middleweight? Massive compared to whom?

Sergio Martinez has hydrated to 165-168, Daniel Jacobs to about 170, Quillen to 170 and Golovkin hydrates to 170-172 but Golovkin is a small Middleweight??? Hmmmmm????
                      Golovkin is an average middleweight in both height and weight. Ramirez could be an average super mw on weight, but his height and reach are tremendous. height 6′ 2½″ / 189cm
                      reach 75″ / 191cm

Comment

Working...
                      X