Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: Gilberto Ramirez is Most Likely Fight at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
    Of course the straight forward kind of fighter
    yeah cause theres a real bunch of slicksters at 168 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      yeah cause theres a real bunch of slicksters at 168 lol.
      I know i hear them already. Tell them to tell their hero to come out of retirement and grow some balls. They really think Badou Jack can do anyhting with GGG, LOL! Same with DeGale who is better than Jack.

Comment

I have no issues with Ramirez being GGG's first opponent at 168. As long as he targets the best, it's fine by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Luthor View Post
          Bute reportedly hydrated to about 180-182 pounds, Ward to about 176-178, Edison Miranda 183-185, Ramirez to about 178-180 yet somehow Ramirez is a massive Super Middleweight? Massive compared to whom?

Sergio Martinez has hydrated to 165-168, Daniel Jacobs to about 170, Quillen to 170 and Golovkin hydrates to 170-172 but Golovkin is a small Middleweight??? Hmmmmm????
          I concur, they Are both average for their respective weight classes. Anyways i think this Will be a great fight. Buy the time they fight Ramirez should have a couple more twelve rounders under his belt. Ramirez is the real deal

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
            I know i hear them already. Tell them to tell their hero to come out of retirement and grow some balls. They really think Badou Jack can do anyhting with GGG, LOL! Same with DeGale who is better than Jack.
            theres not a single opponent they would be happy with from 168 to 154. im honestly not even sure they would be happy with ward at 168 'he drains himself to make 168 now' 'it should have happened a few years ago'

Comment

i keep telling you idiots on other threads that 168 isnt packed with talent. moaning about ramirez but hes as good as it gets in that division

Comment

Why not at 164 lbs?

Comment

The fight I want most is Golovkin vs the winner of DeGale/Jack. Although the winner will have to fight Callum Smith first for the WBC mandatory, and then if it's DeGale, he'll probably choose to rematch George Groves in a unification fight for the WBA title in a summer stadium fight. So that leaves Rameriz as the top option at SMW for GGG in March '17. Personally I think Eubank would be a better fight than Rameriz at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    who should he fight then
                    If Team Golovkin are talking about potential 2017 Super Middleweight opponents, why aren't both Dirrrells, DeGale and/or Badou Jack in consideration too? DeGale and Jack are in negotiations to fight this year so how exactly does that eliminate them from a fight with Golovkin in 2017?

Comment

Ramirez in May 2017 makes most sense. Builds rapport with Mexican fanbase on Cinco de Mayo.

Sep16 = Brook
                      Dec16 = hope someone finds their balls (BJS/DJ/EubankJr)
                      May17 = Ramirez
                      Sep17 = Canelo
                      Dec17 = ??

Comment

Working...
                      X