No announcement yet.

Golovkin: worst resume to hype ratio in HISTORY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
    Linares was the most hyped fighter I ever saw but Golovkin is the oldest I've ever seen who does nothing and is hyped.
    Linares is a good call,,, I feel his shaky chin and bad cuts have totally derailed him.. I remember about 10 years ago max kellerman proclaiming him to be a top 3 p4p guy

Comment

Originally posted by youbeight View Post
      i know what youre talking about, im from brooklyn, judah grew up about 25 minutes away from me, i know about all his hype but that still does not make him an overhyped fighter in my eyes. overhyped in my eyes is if youre placed on a pedestal and you never meet a career defining moment. thats why i said lucian bute should be on that list. bute never fought any top 5 guy in his division and held onto one belt until froch sent him packing. it was the first time hed face anyone inside the top 5 and he was the favorite to beat froch. since then hes done nothing. judah in his KO loss bounced back and took out an opponent very much on the level of tsyzu in spinks
      Depends on expectations,,,, breland and Judah both were predicted to be hall of fame caliber fighters, and were groomed and hyped from day 1. While both had good careers, they never lived up to the greatness predicted for them

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Linares is a good call,,, I feel his shaky chin and bad cuts have totally derailed him.. I remember about 10 years ago max kellerman proclaiming him to be a top 3 p4p guy
        Linares should have been my favorite fighter but the hype was so brutal I enjoyed him getting stopped.

Comment

Depends on expectations,,,, breland and Judah both were predicted to be hall of fame caliber fighters, and were groomed and hyped from day 1. While both had good careers, they never lived up to the greatness predicted for them
          They are more like Shakur Stevenson flopping. I expect Stevenson to be a 5 division champ but I don't shove that down anyone's throat. Golovkin has been crowned and Rosado is his 5th best win and Curtis Stevens his 4th.

Comment

They are more like Shakur Stevenson flopping. I expect Stevenson to be a 5 division champ but I don't shove that down anyone's throat. Golovkin has been crowned and Rosado is his 5th best win and Curtis Stevens his 4th.
            Golovkin's hype extends to him being the #1 middleweight currently, no rationale person is claiming he is in the ATG level.

Comment

ill give you breland, he didnt work his way up properly and starling took him out. alot more consistency in upping the competition level with judah, hell breland first defense of the title was starling. i will give him honeyghan but by then lloyd had lost 2 of his last 5 including to starling.

Comment

shakur is talented and is in a good bantamweight division for the olympics, if he wins gold ill see him get alot of hype but his style eventually is gonna be certain "fans" try to downplay him. he is def are most talented olympian since ward and andrade.

Comment

Golovkin's hype extends to him being the #1 middleweight currently, no rationale person is claiming he is in the ATG level.
                  Kim, Rafael, Iole, Fischer and Hauser have the biggest platforms and they crown him. I've never actually seen any pick against him vs any fighter ever. Someone will ask Toney vs Golovkin and they'll pick Golovkin. That's why boxing fans are so at odds.

Comment

Originally posted by youbeight View Post
                    shakur is talented and is in a good bantamweight division for the olympics, if he wins gold ill see him get alot of hype but his style eventually is gonna be certain "fans" try to downplay him. he is def are most talented olympian since ward and andrade.
                    Yeah I've already seen the he'll be a flop posts. Really the Uzbeks and Shakur are the guys I'm ready to see as pros. I'm sure he'll have his haters but he's next to me.

Comment

Yeah I've already seen the he'll be a flop posts. Really the Uzbeks and Shakur are the guys I'm ready to see as pros. I'm sure he'll have his haters but he's next to me.
                      ppl must have some real envy to think he'll flop already. nothing about this kid is negative, he shows love to everyone whether they know him or not. his technique is far advanced for the pro level compared to the guys who will be making the transition like he will.

Comment

Working...
                      X