Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny P vs Vargas WON'T be on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if manny actually needs the money that's his fault last year he made over a hundred million dollars, those jehovah witness are draining his pockets, i feel sorry for him if that's the case but he has shown he is weak minded (those bible quotes). this fight is shit

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Don't change the subject. It's clear as day that Max is an HBO lapdog. He was forced to apologize the last time he told it like it is after the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. And in his apology he justified Pac going for the cash grab. But suddenly it's wrong for Pac to go after a cash grab? Where was the criticism from Max when Pacquiao took the Bradley fight nobody wanted to see? That was a cash grab too. It's announced that the fight isn't on HBO and suddenly Max says it's a cash grab. Naw, I was born at night but not last night.
      Lol, no subject change, still talking about max. You must have an issue with the guy for something he said about a "non hbo fighter" cause you're trying awfully hard to be angry over nothing right now. When you can lose the emo tone, we can resume this moral debate of another man's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
        i think vargas KO's berto.

but yes, this is a pathetic fight.

only way this fight is forgiven in the future is if pacquiao eventually fights crawford or the floyd rematch happens.
        Vargas sucks he had zero power now he's like Stevenson of welter

Comment

Arum picked that date for a reason

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post

those comments had me cracking up!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              props to HBO for standing up to arum.

unfortunately, i think ward - kovalev will still do less buys. i really hope i'm wrong about that. i'll be happy if they even get in the ring, frankly.
              If it were like that, then HBO wouldn't gleefully broadcast **** like Walters-Marriaga, Ward-Brand, Felix Verdejo vs bum of the month club and pay out the ass for ****ing Berto.

Pacquiao and Vargas simply aren't what HBO is interested in marketing atm.
              They been shunning most of Arum's fighters for a while now. With some exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Disagree. Prior to that they discussed Manny/Crawford on 1st take and Max talked about Manny always taking on the best guys and was very complimentary.

Once it was Vargas and HBO wasn't doing it, he killed the fight calling it a cash grab and then topping thta by saying Manny was taking the lesser fight for less money, completely contradicting what he said previously.
                You disagree. ?? So you are saying vargas is legit. Everyone wanted crawford

Comment

Did someone say Pacquiao vs Vargas distributed by ESPN PPV is a blockbuster announcement lol???

I'm rooting on Arum & Haymon working together to throw a Manny fight on national TV. That should show what sorta audience boxing can get on national TV even with Manny's declining popularity & skill. Probably extremely unlikely, but thats more of a thing I'd view as a blockbuster announcement. Or Showtime buys out Manny's contract or is freelancing Manny for this particular PPV. Thats blockbuster level ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Did someone say Pacquiao vs Vargas distributed by ESPN PPV is a blockbuster announcement lol???

I'm rooting on Arum & Haymon working together to throw a Manny fight on national TV. That should show what sorta audience boxing can get on national TV even with Manny's declining popularity & skill. Probably extremely unlikely, but thats more of a thing I'd view as a blockbuster announcement. Or Showtime buys out Manny's contract or is freelancing Manny for this particular PPV. Thats blockbuster level ****.

Arum said if HBO passes on this fight, then manny is a free agent.

So showtime doesn't have to buyout manny contract

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                      Arum said if HBO passes on this fight, then manny is a free agent.

So showtime doesn't have to buyout manny contract
                      Oh ****. This could be something really interesting if thats the case.

Obviously Manny's value isn't what it was, but for sure he's a guy who has value to HBO one would think. I mean even if its just to throw him in with TC early next year to potentially boost TC's popularity & resume if TC wins (which I have doubts on happening, but I'm probably in the minority with that opinion these days).

Peter Nelson for real don't like Arum lol. But I think Nelson is making a bad move if he loses Manny.

**** man HBO dropping Manny like this might mean they are legit going out of the boxing business cuz that move makes zero sense to me regardless if Manny is ****talking gay people or wanting to kill all the weed smokers. Manny is one of the all time biggest draws in boxing history & he's still probably in the top 3, top 5 draws in the sport. I mean how many cats are selling even 400k or whatever PPV's vs Tim Bradley?

Comment

Working...
                      X