Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ya'll really think GGG can handle Prime Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Froch has underrated boxing skills, especially when he had someone coming at him. He had an effective jab, he was strong as hell, and his awkward punches kept fighters off balance. He was also smart in the ring. So long as he could catch his opponent, he figured them out eventually. That's why his biggest struggles were fighters he couldn't catch.

Not a problem with GGG.

Comment

Froch is awkward, long armed, with a great chin

he likes it when fighters come to him and thats the only way GGG can fight

along with being taller, he also has the quicker feet and can fight in the trenches

GGG has a good jab, so does Froch who actually fought elite guys. he is more tested and proven

Froch outjabs him and gets his respect when GGG does get inside, he doesnt always work and gets hit clean often

Froch by entertaining UD or late stoppage.

GGG hasnt had to deal with adversity, hasnt beaten any elite fighters, for all we know he may be a front runner who folds and packs it in when his plan and power isnt working.

Competitive fights show seperate the pro boxers from the real fighters. Adversity

Comment

There's too many questions regarding GGG to make a solid prediction on this one but I'll take the good big man over the good, slightly smaller man.

My problem picking GGG here is that he's often available to be hit. He's handled it without problem in the past but Carl is far above GGGs opponents in skill and power so that's a legit concern.

Also, I don't see Froch as a guy who was easily cut off or stalked, especially not by a shorter guy. But, in fairness to Golovkin, that's one of those things we'd have to see in action. Really hard to predict as it is one of his talents.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Prime Froch has underrated boxing skills, especially when he had someone coming at him. He had an effective jab, he was strong as hell, and his awkward punches kept fighters off balance. He was also smart in the ring. So long as he could catch his opponent, he figured them out eventually. That's why his biggest struggles were fighters he couldn't catch.

Not a problem with GGG.
          Right there, to this day it amazes me that people still underrate the boxing skills of Froch.

Comment

GGG is a come forward boxer, and they were meat and drink to Froch. The fight would either go the same way as the Bute fight, or if GGG's chin really is granite then Froch would win an entertaining UD.

Comment

I'm not sure. Froch is a tough ask for anyone on his day.
              Would of been fun to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                Right there, to this day it amazes me that people still underrate the boxing skills of Froch.
                It's ironic that people say that Froch has underrated boxing skills while saying Golovkin is easy to hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  There's too many questions regarding GGG to make a solid prediction on this one but I'll take the good big man over the good, slightly smaller man.

My problem picking GGG here is that he's often available to be hit. He's handled it without problem in the past but Carl is far above GGGs opponents in skill and power so that's a legit concern.

Also, I don't see Froch as a guy who was easily cut off or stalked, especially not by a shorter guy. But, in fairness to Golovkin, that's one of those things we'd have to see in action. Really hard to predict as it is one of his talents.
                  thats the way I see it...GGG gets hit clean and even by fringe guys

GGG hasnt really faced a real good puncher...Froch knocked out and dropped some top guys at 168

Stevens, Rubio, and Lemieux have nice ko ratios but all their ko wins are over journeymen, and fringe guys at best

Froch has a long jab, and a good right hand...i dont think GGG can take those, shots twelve rounds straight coming forward. He cant fight off the back foot, at least he hasnt shown he can

Comment

Sorry but GGG is Groves with a better chin, power & skill.

Comment

Yes, GGG stops Froch. Froch trys to outbox like Murray but eventually gets tagged up by the 10th

Comment

Working...
                      X