April 14th is a day Extreme Custom Fleet and Auto Spa owner Michael Nelson will never forget.
"This is actually what has been damaged. This motor actually is what has been burnt out,” Nelson said.
Surveillance video shows light welterweight champion Terence Crawford walking into the garage and then with four others, trying to take back his '84 Monte Carlo.
"Mr. Crawford dropped his vehicle off to me on November 3rd. And like I say, he failed to show up, December 3rd, January 3rd, February 3rd, March 3rd,” said Nelson. “I have all of my customers come back every 30 days and make a payment, which states on the estimate, you have another payment due in 30 days. Mr. Crawford dropped his vehicle off to me on November 3rd.”
“You thought he was good for the money?” asked reporter Erin Murray.
“Yeah, I thought he was good for the money,” Nelson replied.
An invoice shows Nelson wanted Crawford to pay for replacing a front windshield, sanding and paint work, and more.
But on April 14, Nelson said Crawford wouldn’t pay.
"He informs me no I am not paying for my car, and I coming to take it,” Nelson told WOWT 6 News.
The video shows Crawford and another man moving a motor out from underneath his car, which is up on the hydraulic lift.
"So now I am on the lift. So now I am raising it up, and he knocked my hand down and then the other one,” Nelson said.
Nelson says when Crawford moved his hands away he felt nervous.
"He is a WBO champion. I was definitely intimidated," he said.
Eventually, the men get Crawford's vehicle down, breaking the lift in the process. Nelson then tried to block the garage door. But Crawford stood in the way, while the other men squeeze the Monte Carlo out. They hooked it up to a truck, and drove it away.
Crawford faces three misdemeanor charges for the incident. Crawford's lawyer Steve Lefler says Crawford did in fact pay for the work.
"What anybody might think looks su****ious, we have a good answer for,” said Lefler. "I have the documentation he paid for the work that was supposed to be done on the car, that was not done."
As a huge fan of Crawford's, Nelson hates all of this is now going to court.
“Just being who he was. Like I said we are a fan. Like I say, we are a fan, we go to all of his fights, we followed him all the way down to Texas. We buy tables at all of his parties, so like I say I was one of his biggest fans." said Nelson. "I want to be paid for the job that I done."
Crawford's original court date was supposed to be August 9th in court room 227, but last week he filed for a continuance. Now his court date is going to be September 21st.
A second man is also facing criminal charges: Wayne Sullivan, an amateur MMA fighter is facing the same misdemeanor charges as Crawford. Those are disorderly conduct, property damage, and trespassing.
"This is actually what has been damaged. This motor actually is what has been burnt out,” Nelson said.
Surveillance video shows light welterweight champion Terence Crawford walking into the garage and then with four others, trying to take back his '84 Monte Carlo.
"Mr. Crawford dropped his vehicle off to me on November 3rd. And like I say, he failed to show up, December 3rd, January 3rd, February 3rd, March 3rd,” said Nelson. “I have all of my customers come back every 30 days and make a payment, which states on the estimate, you have another payment due in 30 days. Mr. Crawford dropped his vehicle off to me on November 3rd.”
“You thought he was good for the money?” asked reporter Erin Murray.
“Yeah, I thought he was good for the money,” Nelson replied.
An invoice shows Nelson wanted Crawford to pay for replacing a front windshield, sanding and paint work, and more.
But on April 14, Nelson said Crawford wouldn’t pay.
"He informs me no I am not paying for my car, and I coming to take it,” Nelson told WOWT 6 News.
The video shows Crawford and another man moving a motor out from underneath his car, which is up on the hydraulic lift.
"So now I am on the lift. So now I am raising it up, and he knocked my hand down and then the other one,” Nelson said.
Nelson says when Crawford moved his hands away he felt nervous.
"He is a WBO champion. I was definitely intimidated," he said.
Eventually, the men get Crawford's vehicle down, breaking the lift in the process. Nelson then tried to block the garage door. But Crawford stood in the way, while the other men squeeze the Monte Carlo out. They hooked it up to a truck, and drove it away.
Crawford faces three misdemeanor charges for the incident. Crawford's lawyer Steve Lefler says Crawford did in fact pay for the work.
"What anybody might think looks su****ious, we have a good answer for,” said Lefler. "I have the documentation he paid for the work that was supposed to be done on the car, that was not done."
As a huge fan of Crawford's, Nelson hates all of this is now going to court.
“Just being who he was. Like I said we are a fan. Like I say, we are a fan, we go to all of his fights, we followed him all the way down to Texas. We buy tables at all of his parties, so like I say I was one of his biggest fans." said Nelson. "I want to be paid for the job that I done."
Crawford's original court date was supposed to be August 9th in court room 227, but last week he filed for a continuance. Now his court date is going to be September 21st.
A second man is also facing criminal charges: Wayne Sullivan, an amateur MMA fighter is facing the same misdemeanor charges as Crawford. Those are disorderly conduct, property damage, and trespassing.
Comment