Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins on GGG-Brook: Time Will Reveal All The Frauds in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
    How can it be a last resort when there guys in his division that not only want to fight ggg but are begging for a fight. But they represent legitimate fights and ggg is afraid to take the L so they sell his refusal to face true competition as everyone is afraid of ggg. They even said ward was afraid until he said ok lets fight. Then the issued a quick apology and admitted ggg was not ready for ward. As long as dudes have bills and mouths to feed, they are willing to fight.
    The Brook fight was signed about 10 days before he was due to start camp.

Who's begging for a fight?

Comment

At least he fought roy. And thats the point ggg is flat ducking legit fights to perpetuate the fraud that every is afraid of him. He is trying to fake it until he makes a big money ppv fight.
      He fought Roy when Roy was only a prospect.

He wouldn't fight Roy again when it mattered.

What fights is GG ducking?

Canelo, BJS and Jacobs don't want to fight him at this point.

Comment

You posted Bernard was afraid that ggg would overtake his record. Right. So I posted ggg has no right to say bernards name. Boxing history is not a strong suit I take it. Trinidad was favored to beat Bernard. They couldn't even give B hop the tournament trophy when he won because it had tito's name etched into it. So who did ggg face that was favored over him? The answer is nobody! You can't be the underdog facing soup cans. Ggg fights are sponsored by campbells.
        You need the opportunity.

Bernard had a MW tournament and was able to fight a huge name in Tito.

Where is GG's Tito?

GG's Tito is Canelo. But Oscar doesn't want the fight.

You can't criticise GG's resume when he can't fight Canelo, BJS, Jacobs and Eubank etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
          I'm giving you some perspective.

Bernard needs to shut his big mouth, because he would never have moved up in GG's current position, and he's got a damn nerve saying GG claims to want the best before fighting other people, when that's exactly what he did in 2002.

Yes, Bernard was still fighting at MW at 40. You said it. Although I respect that he was still able to fight at that age, remaining at MW until that age was not a huge achievement. It was a lack of ambition.

Nobody is celebrating the Brook fight as a great fight. It was a last minute replacement.

There was nothing great about Bernard beating Oscar at MW, when he's 6'1 with a 75" reach, and he could have been fighting better guys in higher weight classes.

Again, he said in 2008 that he could have moved up to LHW in 2002 had he have wanted to, yet he wouldn't fight Roy at 168 in 2002, despite pretending he was desperate to get him in the ring.
          I never thought B hop wanted any more of roy. B hop did move up to fight the most dangerous dude at the time. B hop was a underdog vs Trinidad, the ghost, tarver and taylor. All me and a lot of ggg detractors want is to see ggg face a real fighter. At least you say the brooks fight is not a good fight. Too many ggg fans say this is a great fight. Lol

Comment

It was ggg that said he would face anyone from 54 to 68. Only to duck canelo at 54. Im sick of these fake dudes that want every single solitary advantage before they fight. And yet ggg wanted to fight floyd at 54 when on fight night he would have came in at 170 plus. And yet he was afraid to face canelo at 54 so he pulled out.
            He didn't duck Canelo at 155.

Afraid?

Come on now.

A potential fight against Floyd at 154, was not the same as being made to defend his 2 MW titles at 155.

We now know that Canelo and Oscar would never have agreed to it anyway.

Comment

Dude look at what you posted. You said saul never offered a bout at 54,55 or period. Then you say saul said he'd face ggg at 160. The bout was always to be at 54. Ggg and crew pulled a fast one and said the bout must be at 60 since the belt was on the line. Then they demanded saul to be stripped of the title since ggg refused the catch wt of 54. As you pointed out canelo fought a few fights at a cw to facilitate the bout. Ggg never gave anything to make a bout. If he is so good and was willing to fight floyd at 54, even though floyds heaviest fight was at 151 vs saul, why couldn't he face saul at 54? He said 60 or nothing. Saul never said everyone was scared of him but ggg did. So why not go ahead and pull sauls card and fight him at 54? Like he said he would when he was demanding a fight with saul?
              No, the bout was never going to be at 154.

Canelo knew the fight was going to be at 160, but he said he wanted a voluntary against Khan first.

They then said they were relinquishing the belt to make negotiations easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                You need the opportunity.

Bernard had a MW tournament and was able to fight a huge name in Tito.

Where is GG's Tito?

GG's Tito is Canelo. But Oscar doesn't want the fight.

You can't criticise GG's resume when he can't fight Canelo, BJS, Jacobs and Eubank etc.
                Lara has been begging for a shot at ggg. He has called him out several times. Only to hear cricket chirps from ggg. Laras lateral movement would make this a very interesting fight. He has tremendous ability and name recognition. No one would be able to say anything if this fight is made.

Comment

I have to give you credit. At least you have a basis for your pro ggg argument. You cull histric info to make your point. While I really think ggg and co are ducking legit fights, you did score legit points on saul. Even though ggg initially said he would face saul at 54 ( had to sneak that in) as you pointed out they both get in the ring at 170 plus. But you at least make legit arguments.
                  Thanks.

I'll gladly debate with you.

Comment

I never thought B hop wanted any more of roy. B hop did move up to fight the most dangerous dude at the time. B hop was a underdog vs Trinidad, the ghost, tarver and taylor. All me and a lot of ggg detractors want is to see ggg face a real fighter. At least you say the brooks fight is not a good fight. Too many ggg fans say this is a great fight. Lol
                    I understand.

I want the exact same thing.

The Brook fight is rubbish, but I can't criticise him for taking it under the circumstances.

By the way, I've never actually seen anyone celebrating it.

Comment

Lara has been begging for a shot at ggg. He has called him out several times. Only to hear cricket chirps from ggg. Laras lateral movement would make this a very interesting fight. He has tremendous ability and name recognition. No one would be able to say anything if this fight is made.
                      I like Erislandy Lara and that would be an intriguing fight for me.

But is he being serious, or is it just Twitter noise to raise his profile?

Also, doesn't he fight on Showtime under a contract?

Comment

Working...
                      X