No announcement yet.

Andre Ward's face and personality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward's face and personality

There is just something about Ward's facial expression that irritates me. He always has this long, droopy, "i don't give a ****" look on his face that makes him look very smug and arrogant. Anyone else notice this?

The way he answers questions is also annoying, he never gives a straight-forward answer and instead always talks about something completely irrelevant in a weird tone like he's all up in his feelings. Again gives off this "i don't give a ****" smug vibe.

He's just not a very honest and welcoming guy like Pac or Thurman.

It's no wonder the guy doesn't have fans.
    Last edited by King Pac; 08-07-2016, 05:11 PM.

no offence but he looks 35% down syndrome.

Comment

He as that droopy look mixed with Drake look.

His personality probably isn't the type that will ever make him a huge star, which is what would be required since he isn't an action packed knockout fighter, but thats ok, we watch boxing for the actual sport, not their personalities. I think if he beats Kovalev, he'll be considered the best in the sport and will have the respect of his peers and the boxing community and that alone will make him one of the top attractions in the sport, again not a crossover over star or doing PPVs all the time, but up there and that's good enough.

If he does beat Kovalev, I hope he focuses on his "legacy" instead of chasing/demanding big money fights because he just may never be that big PPV guy he wants to be. I think if he's ok with that and just focuses on his legacy, he can truly go down as something special. But if he has legal problems with his promoter again, or starts passing by good fights because "the money isn't right" that could potentially hurt his legacy (he already lost a couple years of his prime due to these kinds of issues, even passed on Bute when that would have been a big fight and big win for him at the time. Stuff like that I hope doesn't repeat itself).
      Last edited by ИATAS; 08-07-2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Ward is on his way to ATG STATUS.... look at all his new haters...this is hilarious

Comment

I think he's a great dude. He is articulate, intelligent, informative, honest, and I personally always get something out of his interviews.

I don't know why you guys talk bad about him so much, he doesn't initiate trash talk, but can give as good as he gets if you are start with him. His style is not as bad as its made out to be, he has quite a few very good action fights on his resume.

He is way more intelligent than Floyd for example (as a person, not fighter) so to me he is a far better ambassador for the sport if he can maintain a top position. He isn't quite the fighter Floyd was, but he represents the sport better in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            I think he's a great dude. He is articulate, intelligent, informative, honest, and I personally always get something out of his interviews.

I don't know why you guys talk bad about him so much, he doesn't initiate trash talk, but can give as good as he gets if you are start with him. His style is not as bad as its made out to be, he has quite a few very good action fights on his resume.

He is way more intelligent than Floyd for example (as a person, not fighter) so to me he is a far better ambassador for the sport if he can maintain a top position. He isn't quite the fighter Floyd was, but he represents the sport better in my opinion.
            This is my take on him as well

My impression is that he is a very honest guy who also conveys his thoughts (generally) in a respectful and articulate fashion

To me, that is a refreshing change

The downside is that he'd probably be a bigger "star" and sell way more tickets if he went full Trump-mode on potential opponents such as Kovalev (e.g. call him a closet Muslim or Putin spy and that he was fighting for America's future) but it isnt who he is

Comment

Crawford will be the future trash talker and boxing's future hype man. If GGG or Ward were to trash talk they would be bigger draws. Especially GGG who has that KO streak but their promoters seem to see a better way of them drawing crowds. Jack Johnson, Ali, Tyson etc. used trash talking to hype up their fights.

Comment

I don't really care about his face or personality, I care about his skills and how he performs in the ring. I usually enjoy his fights but this past Saturday was just bad. Hopefully he can turn it around against Kovalev in November

It could be worse, he could be some loud mouthed fool outside the ring like Broner

Comment

He looks a lot like his father, who he was very close to.

Comment

Working...
                  X