Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux calling out Frampton [El Chacal vs The Jackal]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight has been on my mind since I saw Frampton/Molitor. 4 years later, and we're still talking about it.

Comment

All Rigo matchups belong in fantasy fights.

Comment

Rigondeaux will meet his match in Frampton.

Rigo will give Carl time to think and that will be his funeral.

Frampton KO via Left Hook after a competitive 5 rounds.

2-3 Years ago I'd be picking Rigo but he has slipped recently

Comment

Lomachicken and Crappton both moved up to avoid Rigo but they fans aint give a damn.

Comment

Guys, you think the catch weight stopped the Loma fight? I mean for real? You know damn well who stopped the fight and it's Arum. I've seen Klimas talk about the Rigo fight and he contradicts himself as far as how Rigo turned it down. Arum is the one who doesn't want the fight. Arum is the guy that didn't want Gamboa vs Juanma. After what Rigo did to Nonito Arum is not taking another chance with Vasyl who is getting paid 1 mill for undercard fights. Truthfully Vasyl probably beats Rigo, he's just too young and too strong but Arum won't take that risk cause it's boxing and anything can happen.

Comment

this would be a dream fight for me

hope frampton takes it

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                What opportunities did he miss? The only fight you can claim is Lomachenko which was only a recent discussion and it's not as if that fight even reached negotiations, tjere were no negotiations at all, it was some back and forth banter between Rigondeaux and Lomachenko, each saying they'd fight each other, Gary Hyde and Bob Arum making most of the comments to the media. Nothing beyond that.

Frampton was in Rigondeaux's division. He chose not to fight him.

Leo Santa Cruz was in Rigondeaux's division, he would not fight him.

Then there are the Scott Quiggs and the likes who wouldn't fight him either. These are all guys in the same weight class, all guys Rigondeaux actively tried to fight, willing to go to their backyards, etc.
                best post I've read today

Comment

Originally posted by Medinabcheatin View Post
                  Lomachicken and Crappton both moved up to avoid Rigo but they fans aint give a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    Guys, you think the catch weight stopped the Loma fight? I mean for real? You know damn well who stopped the fight and it's Arum. I've seen Klimas talk about the Rigo fight and he contradicts himself as far as how Rigo turned it down. Arum is the one who doesn't want the fight. Arum is the guy that didn't want Gamboa vs Juanma. After what Rigo did to Nonito Arum is not taking another chance with Vasyl who is getting paid 1 mill for undercard fights. Truthfully Vasyl probably beats Rigo, he's just too young and too strong but Arum won't take that risk cause it's boxing and anything can happen.
                    Rigos own team said the money was low and it was 500k. Loma said the Cw was solved and the issue is the money. So both agree moneys the issue. Yet after the Dickens fight Rigo starts saying Loma ran to 130 because of him and if he wants the fight they could do it at 124, interesting since i thought money was the issue Rigo again says 124 but LSC and Frampton 126?

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                      Rigos own team said the money was low and it was 500k. Loma said the Cw was solved and the issue is the money. So both agree moneys the issue. Yet after the Dickens fight Rigo starts saying Loma ran to 130 because of him and if he wants the fight they could do it at 124, interesting since i thought money was the issue Rigo again says 124 but LSC and Frampton 126?
                      Dude, this is all talk. Nobody sat down to discuss the fight and of course 500k is low to Loma 1 mil. Loma ain't a ticket seller himself and has accomplished less. Anybody sane would turn that offer down.

Heck, Walters at his own weight is turning down Arum's 500 k offer to fight Loma and you want Rigo to go up for that same money?

That's Arum not wanting the fight and Vasyl getting paid very handsomely for being an undercard fighter. I think Loma is the highest paid undercard fighter in boxing. Oh ok he fought Martinez who is terrible for a main event fight.

I mean common guys!

PS: this nonsense about catchweight and what not, nobody`s even started negotiating guys. Nobody has the guts to challenge the best, nobody. Today`s fighters are cowards. If they wanted to, they would sit down discuss, arrange and get to a deal to beat the best. Nobody wants a loss to Rigo that`s why talk is cheap. Santa Cruz, Quiq and Frampton didn`t want Rigo when they were at his weight, they don`t want him now. It`s ridiculous and I understand if you`re not a fan of Rigo but the truth can`t be argued Rigo is seen as a very high risk for anybody even for Loma, maybe not for Loma himself but def. for Arum
                      Last edited by pesticid; 07-31-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X