Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker To Have Two More Fights Before Anthony Joshua Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a good move and will lend itself to getting a better fight. Parker could use a lil more seasoning vs better guys than he's fought.

And honestly with the hype Joshua and Parker I'm surprised they are even looking at making this fight so soon even with a couple more fights. Usually when you got 2 talented prospects (and let's be real Joshua is still more prospect than champion) in a 4 title landscape they wait til it's a unification to match them up.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
      We all know who wins in a boxer vs puncher matchup.. Whyte is overrated & he had been built up by sky for the Joshua fight. He split with Banks & has got himself a UK based trainer.. I see no hopes for Whyte tbh.. Skill wise he is very basic & lacks good defense.. Minto & AJ fights exposed his defense..

Between Gerald Washington & Dimitrenko I'd choose Dimitrenko. Washington is as unheard of in US as Dimitrenko is.. Dimitrenko has 1 or 2 good wins against fringe contenders & I cannot say the same about Gerald..

Wach is a 6'7 punching bag who also got popped after the povetkin fight, so I don't think he can give anything to the fight..

AJ is a level above Parker & whenever they meet it will be quite evident.. from the fans perspective it is good they meet now so that we know who the top HW contenders are..

The Pulev who fought Wlad & the Pulev who fought Chisora were quite different.. against Wlad Pulev was quick, aggressive & got a few good shots in, he looked slow as hell against Chisora who is more a pressure fighter.. Pulev vs AJ next is a game on.. Stiverne vs AJ is a pretty decent matchup too..
      Wach can take a punch and is highly uinderatted because of Wlad and Povetkin ,both arguably top 3 guys..so im not sure that's a good measuring stick,he woukld have also went 12 with Povetkin had it not been for the bad stoppage. This is ther guy you want to fight,not Dimitrenko. The shot Wach landed on Wlad with the vicious right may have put many guys out.

you always take the undefeated guy not the past prime guy.... Washinton > dimentrenko

Joshua exposes everyones defense,he is able to punch right through anyones...so not sure where Whyte was exposed besides taking bombs and still standing .I would say he wouldn't last 4 rounds in a rematch but Parker is not Joshua, and will not be as effective as Joshua was against Whyte.

The rest I agree with...I think Whyte will do every bit as good as Parker in the end , they will both lose to the same caliber guys, unless they fight eachother is the only way the debate would be settled.I think Whyte is more imposing and doesn't need all the combinations Parker does,so fighting the bigger HW's I would give edge to Whyte,hes a year or two out of where he needs to be as well.
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 07-26-2016, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
        He's up there yeh.

Their lawyers met last week, I am hopeful the fight still goes ahead but I suspect the failed drugs test which has now come to the attention of Klitschko is likely the reason in the delay. Wlad is a proud man, he will want to avenge that blemish on his record.
        Yeah and I haven't seen any updates from UKAD either.. Either something is fishy or its just a blown up issue, but I waiting for Wlad to throw some punches in there to make this an exciting fight as I see no reason why Fury will change his style..

Comment

In fairness he could have a million tune ups, and would still lose when he faces Joshua. I just don't think he's as good as everyone makes out.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Wach can take a punch and is highly uinderatted because of Wlad and Povetkin ,both arguably top 3 guys..so im not sure that's a good measuring stick,he woukld have also went 12 with Povetkin had it not been for the bad stoppage. This is ther guy you want to fight,not Dimitrenko. The shot Wach landed on Wlad with the vicious right may have put many guys out.

you always take the undefeated guy not the past prime guy.... Washinton > dimentrenko

Joshua exposes everyones defense,he is able to punch right through anyones...so not sure where Whyte was exposed besides taking bombs and still standing .I would say he wouldn't last 4 rounds in a rematch but Parker is not Joshua, and will not be as effective as Joshua was against Whyte.

The rest I agree with...I think Whyte will do every bit as good as Parker in the end , they will both lose to the same caliber guys, unless they fight eachother is the only way the debate would be settled.I think Whyte is more imposing and doesn't need all the combinations Parker does,so fighting the bigger HW's I would give edge to Whyte,hes a year or two out of where he needs to be as well.
            Wach is shot bro.. He got popped for drugs too. I am not too sure where he stands in terms of his boxing license.. Remember he was caught once after the Wlad fight & that explains why Wach did not go down when he clearly was all wobbly & Wlad hit him with bombs all evening..
            Whyte - meh.. I am not sold on the guy because of his skills & technique but he can punch good, Brian Minto tagged him all 5 rounds the fight lasted on AJ vs Cornish undercard.
            But I would be happy if he works his way up because UK fans will get a rematch between AJ & Whyte & there still is no love lost despite both being matchroom guys...

Comment

Wach is shot bro.. He got popped for drugs too. I am not too sure where he stands in terms of his boxing license.. Remember he was caught once after the Wlad fight & that explains why Wach did not go down when he clearly was all wobbly & Wlad hit him with bombs all evening..
              Whyte - meh.. I am not sold on the guy because of his skills & technique but he can punch good, Brian Minto tagged him all 5 rounds the fight lasted on AJ vs Cornish undercard.
              But I would be happy if he works his way up because UK fans will get a rematch between AJ & Whyte & there still is no love lost despite both being matchroom guys...
              “I think his power is overrated. I think he’s fought a lot of sandbags. Sorry, but that’s my opinion. Tonight he fought someone with a bit of experience and intelligence and he couldn’t stop him,” said Whyte to skysports.com about Parker. “I see things in Parker’s game that mean I could knock him out. I love a left hook and a left hand. He’s very confident and lets his hands go, staying in the pocket because he expects it to have a dramatic effect but somebody like me, that’s not going to happen. I will catch them and counter him with big shots. I’d love to fight somebody like that.” D.Whyte

I would agree on this breakdown ,its very reasonable and Whyte physically is harder to control ,the one thing missing is a list of actual decent opposition but physical attributes dont lie the heftier Whytes unorthodox style could create problems for Parker .

Im not so sure Joshua vs Whyte happens unless Joshua goes out of his way ,i dont think Whyte gets a top 5 spot as i dont think Parker does either , Whyte seems more suited to fare better we will see . Whyte / Haye / Pulev are all underatted threats !

Comment

Parker you are not a world class, talent, fighting 2 bums isnt going to make much difference. Best time to fight joshua would probably be now, cause he is pretty green aswell.

Comment

Yeah and I haven't seen any updates from UKAD either.. Either something is fishy or its just a blown up issue, but I waiting for Wlad to throw some punches in there to make this an exciting fight as I see no reason why Fury will change his style..
                  How'd you mean fishy ? He's been charged, he's appealed. UKAD will give no information until his appeal has been successful or upheld. It has been confirmed by Boxing News UK and Peter Fury.

Wlad may very well will his belts back without throwing a solitary punch yet, if that is the case I would have thought he will be mandated for Joshua immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Great Idea! Both are YOUNG WTF is the rush? Let both of them keep working their way up and that fight will be bigger later than now. Showtime should sign Parker as well and start building towards that fight so that it can be BIG when they fight!

Alexander Dimitrenko is a solid opponent for him next, hopefully Joshua fights Kubrat Pulev next that would be a good opponent for him as well as they prepare for their clash
                    not having a pop but never understood this mentality. SO what if they are young, throw them in with each other. They can still fight each other 5 years or so down the line when they are older if they are still at that level. Groves v degale fought each other when they were prospects and it didnt do them any harm, it would still be a massive fight in the uk now if they fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                      How'd you mean fishy ? He's been charged, he's appealed. UKAD will give no information until his appeal has been successful or upheld. It has been confirmed by Boxing News UK and Peter Fury.

Wlad may very well will his belts back without throwing a solitary punch yet, if that is the case I would have thought he will be mandated for Joshua immediately.
                      Well thats just it.. It has been over a month now since there was any update to that.. I said it seems fishy because it was reported that Fury was tested way before the Wlad fight & in spite of ambiguity in the results they still let the title fight happen.. Boente said they will press to get more information on the matter, but its been over a month & here we are with nothing more to it..

Comment

Working...
                      X