Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford no longer in the running for Pacquiao fight, Vargas now frontrunner.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arum is protecting Crawford from Pacquiao. Why would he send his potential future PPV star to get his ass beat by an old legend on his way out?

Comment

The article clearly states that Crawford ducked Pacquiao.Yet another fighter (after Mayweather) who has no shame at all smh.

Thanks for the link, TS.

Crawford ain't about that life,what a damn shame. Smh.

Comment

He didn't really deserve it either bbbutttt....
        If he had the choice to move up to whatever weight Pacquiao asked him to do so and he is refusing to do that well that's idiotic!
        Pac is the biggest PPV name and to be honest Crawford would still be much bigger and stronger than Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          The article clearly states that Crawford ducked Pacquiao.Yet another fighter (after Mayweather) who has no shame at all smh.

Thanks for the link, TS.

Crawford ain't about that life,what a damn shame. Smh.
          Why though?
          He's clearly much bigger than Pacquiao, this makes no sense and to be honest I think he has beat the best of 140 so moving to 147 isn't going to harm him.

Comment

I also don't think TC would get his ass kicked by Pacquiao I think there is a very good chance Crawford could win this so this is why I'm surprised by it.

Comment

Am I illiterate because I didn't get that from the article

It seems It's a 2 horse race for Pac either Vargas or Crawford

If it's Vargas it's will make Pac/Bradley 3 #s look like May/Pac because I dont see too many people wanting that fight

Depending on the #s that come in for Postol/Crawford you'd think that financially this would be the better option and the better fight

Not going to lie though I'm a Vargas and Crawford fan so I'd probably buy both.

Comment

loooool.

its pacquiao who is ducking crawford.

arum wants pac vs crawford because arum wants his new crown jewel crawford to take the mantle of top rank star from pacquiao.

pacquiao is the one that dont want it.

his selection of tim bradley and now jesse vargas as the front runner tells you this.

Comment

MANILA, Philippines – Terence made a strong case for himself for a megabuck showdown with Manny Pacquiao, defeating Viktor Postol in a lopsided fight on Sunday to unify the WBC and WBO super lightweight titles at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Crawford scored two knockdowns in the fifth round and continued to hurt Postol with timely left straights throughout the fight.

He won with one-sided scores of 118-107 (twice) and 117-108. More importantly, he positioned himself for a possible crack at Pacquiao, who reportedly plans to return to the ring in November.

The Omaha, Nebraska-based fighter displayed superior movement, which, combined with his speed and southpaw stance, frustrated Postol throughout the bout.

Crawford used every inch of the ring to stay away from Postol and beat him to the punch.

"I watched him [Postol] and they said he had the best jab in the game – in the division. I proved different today," he said after the fight.

Crawford was so far ahead in the 12th round that he put his arms down at his side at one point, taunting Postol.

Both fighters came into the bout with titles and records of 28-0. But Crawford was clearly the best technical fighter, despite giving away significant height and reach advantage to the Ukrainian.

"He [Crawford] was too fast. It surprised me," said Postol, who interestingly had Pacquiao’s longtime trainer Freddie Roach in his corner Sunday.

Additionally, Postol served as a sparring partner for Pacquiao when the Filipino prepared for his clash with Chris Algieri in 2014.

Roach, for his part, liked what he saw in Crawford.

"He was just too fast for us. I'm impressed with his talent," said Roach.

Top Rank chief Bob Arum earlier said the winner of the bout is a strong candidate for Pacquiao, who will reportedly fight again on November 5, also in Las Vegas.

Crawford’s twin WBC and WBO belts should be appealing enough for the Filipino icon, who will be setting aside his duties as Philippine senator should he decide to return to boxing.

WHERE DID YOU SEE THAT IN THIS ARTICLE?

Comment

Tua is speaking the truth here. Can't believe you guy's can't see it in the article.

Comment

TS is a Funt Cucker!

Comment

Working...
                      X