No announcement yet.

Crawford can't beat pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
    Marquez had to go life or death to get that ko....not too sure Crawford would do that
    Yes he did, but Crawford does'nt live and die by his counter punching the way Marquez does. Like I said in my first post Manny is susceptible to counters, not that Crawford is on Marquez's level as far as counter punching goes, but he is damn good and he can do much more than that. I just don't see how Manny deals with Bud's legs, speed, counterpunching and power at this stage in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      you cant say well bradley manage to win 3-4 rounds so crawford can too. its different. we dont know if crawford can fight like that and be successful with it. we dont know how pac will respond, etc. and im not saying crawford cant win a round, of course he can. im just saying he wont be able to beat manny.
      We know for a fact that Crawford can fight like Bradley did in the first fight, and better than Bradley can.

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
        I just didn't expect him too be a bad loser about it...when Marquez knocked him out he took it like a man
        Think its because the eyes of the world were on him that fight and he was outboxed so easily, knew he wasnt going to get another crack at it either. At least with marquez, however close the fights were he has technically beaten him twice so it probably didnt hurt as much to give marquez credit.

Comment

I wouldn't say "can't". He does several things well that can prove to be successful against Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by chris232 View Post
            'put a beating on marquez' lol
            You must have missed him knocking down Marquez 3 times in their first fight and beating him pillar to post for almost 2 or 3 rounds. JMM mounted a terrific come back but if it wasn't for a judge who didn't know how to score KDs, Pac woulda won that fight. Having said that, at various stages in their rivalry, both men put a beating on each other. It was, at times, Ali-Norton like.

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
              You don't need power to keep a fighter off you. You need footwork. Terence has awesome footwork.

Terence also has KO power. Therefore, you are an idiot because your analysis stinks. If they fight, I pick Crawford by KO/TKO in the 6-7 round. Crawford has everything on his side. Power, footwork, smarts, and counterpunch skills. That last one is Pacquiaos worst nightmare
              I didn't analyse the fight,stated my short opinion to see other opinions and don't call me an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                I wouldn't say "can't". He does several things well that can prove to be successful against Manny.
                Yeah I probably could of worded the thread differently...didn't actually mean Crawford can't win...I'm not that ignorant haha

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                  Yes he did, but Crawford does'nt live and die by his counter punching the way Marquez does. Like I said in my first post Manny is susceptible to counters, not that Crawford is on Marquez's level as far as counter punching goes, but he is damn good and he can do much more than that. I just don't see how Manny deals with Bud's legs, speed, counterpunching and power at this stage in his career.
                  Pretty good post,still disagree though

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Pac was KOd twice as a malnourished teenager and once by an ATG who...let's face it, was probably up to something with Memo.

TC does not have enough power to stop a guy who Cotto and Marg couldn't even drop, let's be real here. And how can you still claim Pac can't cut off the ring when he put a beating on great fighters such as Cotto, Barrera, Morales, JMM and other top guys like Hatton, Marg, Ledwabo and so on.

Plus, you just have to watch a Pacquiao fight to see he can feint and move in to cut off the ring. He has done it for 15 years. Don't just listen to rubbish being pouted by certain people with agendas in the sport. Pac can cut off the ring. In fact, you can't be a great offensive fighter...actually scratch that, you can't be an average offensive fighter without the ability to cut off the ring.

Walk into any boxing gym on the planet and the first thing they teach an offensive minded fighter is how to cut off the ring. If you can't see Pacquiao using techniques to do that then I don't know what to tell you.

How many of those guys actually tried to really move away from Pac? Barrera and Cotto maybe? Neither of whom are speed demons. Manny's speed and explosiveness carried the day for him, not his footwork. He is actually better now than he was 10+ years ago, but still not one of his better talents in the ring. If you want to show a kid in a gym what to do footwork wise, Manny is not the guy you film study. He is a one off type of talent and he has made it work for him over the years, but like I said before Manny has lost a step and he will have a very hard time with someone with legs like Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      We know for a fact that Crawford can fight like Bradley did in the first fight, and better than Bradley can.
                      no we dont. im talking about fighting like bradley against pac.

how can anyone sit there and say he can do it, and can do it better? how do you know how crawford is going to respond once he gets hit in the face with a straight left? all this is just speculation.

Comment

Working...
                      X