Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Drops, Dominates Postol To Unify Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fight was anti-climatic, and wasn't the best. But that's because Crawford bossed it.

I fancied Crawford to win, but not by such a margin. He has shown in the past what a good fighter he is, now he's done it against another quality fighter. I agreed with the 117-108 scorecards.

Comment

• Postol and Ricky Burns is a fair fight but Crawfish too good

Crawfish is just a better boxer than the Postol period. Postol is too slow. Ricky wee man Burns is a fair fight for Postol to make. Paq beats Crawford off a decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        (...)

And I'm someone who appreciates Rigondeaux, for instance, because he stands right in front of his opponent, and doesn't run until he's up very late in the fight. Then he kind of coasts and that's why he gets some criticism. But for 75% of the fight he offers the smoothest boxing you will see, right in the pocket. Same with Lomachenko. But tonight Crawford circled and juked like a running back from the opening bell. It was the most running compared with the least punching I've ever seen in a fight. Crawford has skills but he it was like he was scared of Postol because he could have taken him out. He had the dominant skill set but still fought more defensively than Lara did against Canelo. Maybe the 15 seconds of trading in round 12 before running again tricked you because he added the taunts which some people seem to think should count as knockdowns, but they didn't trick me. Biggest dud fight of the year. Crawford used the Lara strategy while making Lara look like Pacquiao. And then he even ducked the question about fighting Pacquiao.
        ... it's unfair to compare anyone with Rigondeaux -- he's a quite rara avis...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
          That's what I'm hearing. Some ppl criticizing TC for a kinda sorta lackluster/dominant performance but everybody's saying Postol ain't do ****. I think ppl had Maywether nightmares.
          It was exactly like watching and old Floyd fight. The tendency is to blame the boxer, but the aggressor doesn't do **** but follow the boxer around the ring while scared to death to actually throw anything. Every time Postol bothered to throw, Crawford whipped him for it.

****, even when he needed the KO in the last round and Crawford stalked after him like a Terminator, Postol didn't want to throw. Crawford broke him to pieces.

Comment

• What impressed me the most about Crawford was his versatility. I'm a big fan of him for quite some time, but he never moved in the ring like he did yestersay before. He often stayed still and fought with his reach advantage againsts the like of Lundy and Jean. But this time he totally annihilated Postol jab with his side movement and there was nothing left to him. It was likw watching a prime Mayweather with better punching power

Comment

• Originally posted by b morph View Post
              OMG I was screaming for Postol to cut off the ring for gods sake! Crawford was just able to move freely. Excellent movement from Crawford and it set up his offense perfectly.

Crawfords so dynamic in the ring, he can adjust and give multiple looks. That right hand from the southpaw stance was rockin' all night. Kinda disappointed though. I thought the fight was going to be a little more competitive. Fight lacked the drama I was craving, but, we saw a very solid performance from Crawford through out.
              By
              At this point, I think Crawford tops Pacquiao if they ever meet.
              How bout those body shots too by Crawford. I think several of those hurt Postol bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by UFC_Boxing View Post
                What impressed me the most about Crawford was his versatility. I'm a big fan of him for quite some time, but he never moved in the ring like he did yestersay before. He often stayed still and fought with his reach advantage againsts the like of Lundy and Jean. But this time he totally annihilated Postol jab with his side movement and there was nothing left to him. It was likw watching a prime Mayweather with better punching power
                I was also impressed with some of those body shots Crawford landed. That seemed to really slow Postol down and make him not really want to reach in and pay the price. He had no answers for Crawford, once he tasted his power the fight was over.

Comment

• Just a dominant performance by Crawford.

He is the best 140 pounder in the world. If Pacquiao doesn't want it then maybe TC can unify all the belts against Eduard Troyanovsky and Ricky Burns (who he already whipped.)

Or he can move up to 147 and go after some of the interesting names there. Thurman, Garcia, Bradley, Brook.

The young man has a bright future.

Comment

• Can all you morons who really thought Postol was going to beat Terrance Crawford disappear back into the oblivion of existence just like I told you Postol would.

Comment

• As I posted yesterday after a Crawford win his name will just be removed from any listed Pac... no way Pac will fight him...Bud pretty much won every round after the 4th..

Comment

Working...
                      X