Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank discussion: Which Race has produced the best fighters?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Communist View Post
    I didn't mean live lol I just meant an actual fight tape from start to finish, like his fight against Maxim for example.
    I have seen a couple but again I didn't vote in either poll so what I have seen isn't really relevant to this thread.

I think the answer to the TS question is clear based on the opinions of most historians. There is a consistent group of fighters that almost always end up in the top 35-50 regardless of who is doing the voting. Of this group, about 50-60% are black/african american.

If you feel this is biased, fine. You answered latinos. Ok. we disagree and can leave it at that.

Comment

As the late Cus D'amato once said, boxing is about excitement. So ask yourselves, who has generated the most excitement for the fans?

Carl Froch and Mike Tyson have been by far the most exciting and therefore the greatest.
      Last edited by El JACKAL; 07-22-2016, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Rofl i barely recognize half of these asian dudes

Comment

Originally posted by Communist View Post
          Dude, this list was made by Americans. If Russians or Mexicans made this list it would all be different.

Most people in Ukraine believe Wlad is the greatest Heavyweight of all time.

Personally Tyson was the greatest for me, but showing us a biased list written by American writers doesn't prove anything.
          can you name one russian fighter who is in the hall of fame? not just born but citizen who is from there, lived and fought there

Wlad will def get in he was a great fighter though

Comment

Latinos/Hispanics and Blacks/African-Americans without a doubt.

P.S.:Canelo should be considered more white race than hispanic right?

Comment

As far as pure number of great fighters I'd say latino or asian but as far as who has the most top 50 all time greats, its clear that the top guys are african american

ali is considered the greatest heayweight ever

Ray robinson, sam Langford, Henry Armstrong are mostly the top 3, some put greb up there, he definitely is top 5

then look at the best all time in each division....its usually a hispanic or african american fighter.

even as the p4p best goes....Mayweather was the best of the passing era...before him roy jones...before him whitaker...before that Leonard/Hagler...before that Duran....before that Ali

the best overall fighters of their era have mostly african americans or latin fighers

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                can you name one russian fighter who is in the hall of fame? not just born but citizen who is from there, lived and fought there

Wlad will def get in he was a great fighter though
                Wlad is Ukranian, I feel that Vitali is much better than Wlad skill wise but never had a chance to fully show it due to injury, he is one of my favorites.

To answer your question Kostya Tszyu who is in hall of fame was born in Russia and started boxing there but later moved away after the Soviet Union collapsed. I can name plenty of Western European fighters in hall of fame .

But anyways the "international" boxing hall of fame is once again in reality located in American and run by Americans and is still biased. You have Gatti in there yet Vitali is still not in there last time I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  As far as pure number of great fighters I'd say latino or asian but as far as who has the most top 50 all time greats, its clear that the top guys are african american

ali is considered the greatest heayweight ever

Ray robinson, sam Langford, Henry Armstrong are mostly the top 3, some put greb up there, he definitely is top 5

then look at the best all time in each division....its usually a hispanic or african american fighter.

even as the p4p best goes....Mayweather was the best of the passing era...before him roy jones...before him whitaker...before that Leonard/Hagler...before that Duran....before that Ali

the best overall fighters of their era have mostly african americans or latin fighers
                  Marciano would have knocked Ali draft-dodging ass out. Tyson's hero was always Jack Dempsey.

Duran was greatest Lightweight of all time and would KO Mayweather at Lightweight.

Jake Lamotta took Ray Robinson's 0.

Chavez Senior already knocked out Meldrick Taylor.

Hector Macho Camacho knocked Ray Leonard out.

Trinidad beat Whitaker, and Willie Pep was way more skilled than Whitaker.

Monzon was greatest middleweight of all time.

Fraud Jr was an IV cheater and coward who disgraced his own people and ducked Pacquiao for 6 years.

Greatest fighters were Latin fighters like Monzon and Duran, next were white fighters who served in army like Marciano and Dempsey, next are Asians, and finally we have the Draft-dodgers and the IV cheaters. you know who they are.
                  Last edited by Avenge Myself; 07-22-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Lol at anyone not voting for the black fighters here.

Ali? Foreman? Leonard? Hagler? Holyfield? Lewis? Tyson? Mayweather? Ward?

Don't be stupid, black people have produced the best fighters by far, it's not even debatable.

Comment

Blacks/African-Americans and its not even close

Comment

Working...
                      X