Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergiy Derevyanchenko Crushes Sam Soliman in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why was he introduced as having a record of 31-1?

he is 9w 7Ko??

Comment

• Originally posted by Son Of Fraud View Post
      True, had a look at the IBF standings right now

Perhaps he might even fight Johnson If he has recovered from injury, that's a proper tough one but I think Sergiy showed some nice cunning boxing skills about himself against a very good veteran.
      I'm hoping he has a final eliminator with Tureano, but we'll see if TJ fights BJS instead. I think the goal is to have Derevyanchenko face GGG in June 2017 as his homecoming opponent in Kazakhstan. So Derevyanchenko will have atleast 2 more fights before then (which he's already said he needs).

Another possiblity is that the IBF/WBC/WBA have their tournament like they've talked about. Derevyanchenko could face the #1 WBC fighter - Heiland and the winner vs the top WBA fighter - Chudinov. (Blanco's about to be dropped due to inactivity).

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
        why was he introduced as having a record of 31-1?

he is 9w 7Ko??
        They're including his WSB record (23-1).

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          They're including his WSB record (23-1).
          why though?

(who did he lose to?)

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
            why though?

(who did he lose to?)
            There's argument to whether those fights should count as pro-fights or not. Some affiliations argue they should b/c the fighters were paid.

He lost to Brian Castano, though I thought Derevyanchenko did enough to win. He kept Castano on the back foot the entire fight and Castano only landed flurries. 5 round fight so pretty indeterminate.

Comment

• Announcers know nothing, they just read what's on the paper in front of them ...as for the fight here's another guy that Fraudverez will avoid... the main thing I liked was he kept his composure and did what he had to do to...good power & combos...

Comment

• Originally posted by Medinabcheatin View Post
                Mendez takin him to school but we all know he gon get robbed, obvious who they wanna win...
                What fight was you watching?

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Soliman definitely looked old, but Derevyanchenko looks legit. Wouldn't mind seeing him again vs. someone who can check him. Maybe Lemieux or Stevens?
                  He also looked MUCH BIGGER!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X