Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Barrera able to beat Naseem Hamed so easily?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamed had lost the plot by the Barrera fight. Warren had cancelled his contract with Naz, also naz sacked all his team and hired his mates. Prior to Naz's contract being terminated, had tried to turn everyone in Warrens team & his coaching team (the Ingles) to muslims lol. Obv this didnt go down well, and also due to other problems behind the scenes Warren got rid.

Combine this with a massive inflated ego of Naz's who thought he didnt even need to train for fights. After he lost, and the realization of looking like a right twat sunk in, you would of thought any normal person would of apologized to everyone and learned his lesson.

But nope lol, Naz carried on being a weirdo had another fight looked like utter dogshyte and then quit.

Comment

hamed had poor fundamentals and discipline.

he fought a disciplined fighter with great fundamentals, a good chin, and punching power.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
        Tyson fury got dropped by Cunningham and saved by the Bell against pajcic and firtha

At the time he was not taking the sport seriously

His uncle read him the riot act and told him to retire if he wasn't going to take the sport seriously

He then beat wladimir klitschko who is "technically superior" using his awkwardness and unorthodox style

I'm not saying barerra doesn't beat a fully focused hamed beats barerra because I don't know who wins that because it never happened.

he beat a 40 uyear old.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
          Lol no, Hamed had major hand problems (I think He even broke his hand in the previous fight) and couldn't train properly, he also got lazy and didnt have the fire that he once had. Emmanuel Stewart basically said the same thing.

A fully fit and motivated Naz would have comfortably beaten Barrera
          Hell no. Hamed was already getting knocked down by lesser fighters. Barrera was just better in every way. Morales would have knocked him out. Marquez would have made him look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
            Hell no. Hamed was already getting knocked down by lesser fighters. Barrera was just better in every way. Morales would have knocked him out. Marquez would have made him look stupid.
            Knocked down from being off balance. He was never really hurt in any of his knockdowns, he always bounced back up ready to go.

Comment

Styles make fights

Barrera fought a disciplined fight

Hamed was not the fighter he was in the mid 90s by this point

lacked movement, combinations, and started to depend on his power to bail him out.

Also his hand issues and ballooning up between fights didnt help

the "once he fought a great fighter he was exposed" line is old and overused.

styles make fights....difference is barrera wasnt aggressive like Kevin kelly, who is technically sound as well. BBarrera stook to a boxer puncher and counter plan. If he was aggressive he would have got vaught more often

Did Junior Jones expose Barrera? that is what you call an arse whooping. Barrera vs Naz was a boxing lesson....people need to learn to differentiate between the two

Naz was not overrated/....he dominated his era...once the hunger is gone you'll take loses.

The Hamed I saw in 2000-2002 was not the guy I saw in 95-98...speed, combos, reflexes, etc.

every fighter has their own prime

Comment

Barrera was simply better that night. Better gameplan, better mindset, hungrier, everything. He was simply the better fighter.

Two things stand out about that fight:

Barrera had looked like absolute crap against Jose Luis Valbuena (the fight right before he signed to fight Hamed). IDK if he was disinterested or what but he looked damn near shot. Then after agreeing to the Hamed fight, he took an interim bout against Jesus Salud and looked sensational. Manny Steward was a commentator that night and you could tell, based on his expressions and comments, that he knew there was no way his fighter was beating that version of Barrera.

The second thing was Hamed's ringwalk for that fight. He looked almost terrified. Someone sprayed him with water or beer and you could see it completely unnerved him. Completely. I wasn't surprised at all that he didn't do his famous backflip. The nerves far outweighed whatever confidence he had.

Comment

While Barrera was seriously dedicated to this fight, Hamed was just not taking the sport very seriously anymore. He was neither mentally nor physically at his best. A prime Hamed vs. Barrera would be a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
                    I knew Barrera wouldn't be a cakewalk for Hamed after watching Barrera Vs Morales 3 times...after those fights...I said to myself "these guys are ****ing warriors"...Barrera is an all out Assassin a Warrior that's why...he fights like his life depends on it and can box on top of that...
                    Considering that Barrera had only fought Morales once before he fought Hamed, how did that conversation with yourself go again?

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                      Lol no, Hamed had major hand problems (I think He even broke his hand in the previous fight) and couldn't train properly, he also got lazy and didnt have the fire that he once had. Emmanuel Stewart basically said the same thing.

A fully fit and motivated Naz would have comfortably beaten Barrera
                      Exactly what did you see in the 1st fight that leads you to believe Hamed could ever beat Barrera? That's right. NOTHING!

Comment

Working...
                      X