Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time a middleweight champ fought a welterweight at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
    I believe if I'm not wrong it was Canelo Alvarez vs Amir Khan. Only a few moths back./end thread
    woah woah buddy. 155 is a seperate division. this motherfucker golovkin is bringing kell brook up THREE weight classes.

Comment

The Welter Champ is challenging the Middle Champ why all the crying?
      None of you goofs are fighting him!
      It's an honor for the Welter to challenge the Middle it was done when the Welter Champ had no viable offers at his weight.
      Kell Brook is 5' 9".
      GGG is 5' 10"

Brook has fought over the 147 limit 8 times and has said repeatedly that getting down to 47 is getting to be an unhealthy situation.
      GGG does not re hydrate 12 to 15 pounds after the day before weigh in so why all the crying?

GGG isn't bringing anyone "up" the Welter Champ took the contract that Eubanks deferred.
      LaMotta had 10 to 12 pounds on Sugar Ray the morning of the fights and I'm sure Jake had 15-16 on him at bell time. Only the Title Fight was close which is what GGG & Kell will be at their weigh in time.
      This isn't about height and weight it's about a boxer trying to beat a puncher.
      They'll both be middleweights that night, so stop whining & crying!

Ray

Comment

Walking around weight is meaningless. Some boxers walk around with lots of fat and others like Mayweather, Pacquiao and GGG walk around reasonably close to their fighting weight. It's how much lean muscle weight a fighter has that matters and not how much fat some fighters gain between fights. Brook is a very big welterweight who was planning to move up to 154 anyway while GGG isn't a big middleweight. I doubt there will be more than a few pounds separating them on fight night. The last time a welterweight champ fought a middleweight champ was Starling vs. Nunn as far as I know. Robinson lost his middleweight title to welterweight champ Basilio and won it back in a rematch. Monzon KOed welterweight champ Napoles and welterweight Griffith beat Dick Tiger for Tiger's middleweight title.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Walking around weight is meaningless. Some boxers walk around with lots of fat and others like Mayweather, Pacquiao and GGG walk around reasonably close to their fighting weight. It's how much lean muscle weight a fighter has that matters and not how much fat some fighters gain between fights. Brook is a very big welterweight who was planning to move up to 154 anyway while GGG isn't a big middleweight. I doubt there will be more than a few pounds separating them on fight night. The last time a welterweight champ fought a middleweight champ was Starling vs. Nunn as far as I know. Robinson lost his middleweight title to welterweight champ Basilio and won it back in a rematch. Monzon KOed welterweight champ Napoles and welterweight Griffith beat Dick Tiger for Tiger's middleweight title.
          That's because Brook will have to come in heavier than usual or be at a disadvantage, the drawback is he'll be slower and tire easier. Brook weighs 156 on fight night at WW, Golovkin weighs 170+. Adding weight affects every fighter usually for the worse. Golovkin is naturally bigger, he has a bigger frame that's clear to see in the face off pics.

Comment

Working...
          X