Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: I Think Brook is a Tougher Fight Than Eubank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i can assure you that me, and everybody else who recongizes tha tthis fight is a mismatch, has thought about the fight for more than a second. it's you who needs to think for more than a second, and go back through history to give you more context into fights between WWS and MWS, which barely ever happen in the advent of the 154 lb division.

one is a welterweight and the other is a middlewegiht. you guys seem to think you need more than that .

you genuinely think brook is a better fight than eubank jr, and want me to take you seriously as a poster on this website?

here's eubanks sparring carl froch, a strong, tall, durable 168 lber.

froch is the higher level operator in teh video without a doubt, but this was years ago. note that eubanks is literally able to push froch back either wit his offense, or just by pushing him.

i mean really . well he' sbigger but what else doe!? burden of proof is on you to prove that this fight isn't a mismatch. the rest of us know damn well the implications of a 147 lber who relies on his size when he moves up and fights opponents two weight classes larger.
    I get what you're saying and I agree.

Style wise I think Brook is a trickier fight, if I can put it that way. Eubank Jr is one dimensional, and whilst he could beat Brook if they fought, I feel he'd walk straight into GGG and get himself KOd quicker than Brook will.

Ps should be noted that it was Froch's first week of sparring or something like that.
    Last edited by LacedUp; 07-19-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Glad I found this forum! Been wanting to discuss boxing more frequently for years, new here so go easy on me!!!

Tbh I dont think anyone can really say who's the easier fight as no one knows how much power Brook is going to carry through with him when he jumps up in weight. Yeah sure he's powerful for a welterweight, but middleweight I dunno man.

Eubanks is still raw, but I find it shocking that there are people saying that he's not a talented fighter? I think he's getting better and better with each fight. Lets put it this way, if he were to fight groves again I would put serious money on eubanks coming out on top this time, he's just such a good raw fighter that is getting more and more experienced
      Last edited by Kidjr; 07-19-2016, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X