Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People need to stop calling Floyd Mayweather a "coward"

Floyd mayweather says he laughs at critics who call him a coward
    source: http://bit.ly/29QdHR5

Floyd Mayweather may be a woman abuser, he may be arrogant and disrepectful at times but he is in no way, shape or form a "COWARD"

Definition of coward: "a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things."

How many of you brave people calling Floyd a coward would have the guts to step into the ring and defeat 23 world champions? Most of the people calling him a coward wouldn't even fight an amateur, let alone have 49 professional fights.

Floyd Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers of this generation.
    Last edited by DavidKratos92; 07-19-2016, 12:16 AM.

scaredy cat better?

Comment

a "scaredy cat" does not step into the boxing ring with six division and eight division boxing champions

Comment

What else can you call someone who waits until his opponent is way past his prime before he agrees to fight them?

Comment

Floyd Mayweather was not in his prime either. Also he is much older than Pacquiao. And people are putting more blame on Mayweather when its both their faults. Pacquiao refused a $40 million offer, refused to do blood testing etc

Comment

Not a coward, rather a cautious fighter. Because the zero was so important didn't take fights he could have taken to be as great as he wanted to be.
            There was nothing stoping him fight ggg. He's not obligated to fight him but if he wanted to be as great as he wanted to be sometimes you got to things the ordinary person doesn't do. Like the special one is now doing.

He could have fought brook instead of berto for instance. He's not a coward but again you got to ask yourself why didn't he fight brook? He's cautious for sure, even Ray Charles can see that. Although he has took tough fights he didn't necessarily take toughest at the time fights for large majority of his career. He didn't fight outside America. In uk for instance
            Last edited by hugh grant; 07-18-2016, 05:59 AM.

Comment

I'm not quite sure why supposed boxing fans would call any fighter a coward, seems a strange way to show your appreciation of the guys that get punched to entertain us, but maybe that's just me.

Comment

Oh my, such a sensitive individual. He must be related to Floyd or she must be one hell of a fan girl lmao

Comment

Originally posted by DavidKratos92 View Post
                  Floyd Mayweather may be a woman abuser, he may be arrogant and disrepectful at times but he is in no way, shape or form a "COWARD"

Definition of coward: "a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things."

How many of you brave people calling Floyd a coward would have the guts to step into the ring and defeat 23 world champions? Most of the people calling him a coward wouldn't even fight an amateur, let alone have 49 professional fights.

Floyd Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers of this generation.
                  There are levels to everything though. You can accuse a cop of cowardice if he runs and hides during a gun fight but you can't accuse a civilian of being a coward for doing the same thing. People of profession are held to different standards to the layman, and justifyiably so.

Having said that however I don't think Floyd is a coward. I think he generally avoids big pressure fighters because in the past he has damaged his hands and been forced to finish the rest of the fight either with both hands out of commision or both of them (ie. Guerrero, Baldomir, Carlos Hernandes, Chavez, and Castillo fights).

Still, he did fight Cotto and Maidana despite them both known to be good at pressure, but I think the first time he fought Maidana he thought he could stop him by attacking the body because Amir dropped him with a body shot (Floyd invested A LOT in the body in their first bout), and I think he thought he could KO cotto coz he was very aggressive in that fight.

It's not a matter of cowardice more than a matter of circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    There are levels to everything though. You can accuse a cop of cowardice if he runs and hides during a gun fight but you can't accuse a civilian of being a coward for doing the same thing. People of profession are held to different standards to the layman, and justifyiably so.

Having said that however I don't think Floyd is a coward. I think he generally avoids big pressure fighters because in the past he has damaged his hands and been forced to finish the rest of the fight either with both hands out of commision or both of them (ie. Guerrero, Baldomir, Carlos Hernandes, Chavez, and Castillo fights).

Still, he did fight Cotto and Maidana despite them both known to be good at pressure, but I think the first time he fought Maidana he thought he could stop him by attacking the body because Amir dropped him with a body shot (Floyd invested A LOT in the body in their first bout), and I think he thought he could KO cotto coz he was very aggressive in that fight.

It's not a matter of cowardice more than a matter of circumstance.
                    floyd was aggressive in the first maidana fight? i remember him on the ropes getting hammered over and over. sure he was aggressive compared to the second clinch fest fight but thats not saying much. he was still scared to death in there. it was like he was having margarito flashbacks for a second.

Comment

Working...
                    X