Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much hate and disrespect against top boxers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Of course the Hater of the Year has to post in a thread aimed at posters like you.

How's your next Golovkin YouTube video coming along?
    what hate? 154-168 has what to do with hate? lol.... triple cheap

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      great post! but....

welcome to "154-168 easy" doe!
      You are part of the reason people talk like politicians, and politicians talk like they do.
      Next we'll hear 'we are seeking an appropriate opponent at weight class not unreasonably exceeding practicable expectations at a date satisfactory with involved parties'

They said something and they fuked up. Get over it.
      Intent is there, delivery not so much.

Comment

My 10 year daughter was watching a TV programme the other day and as I sat with her and watched it, it quickly became apparent that the writers had styled the dialogue and character interaction on the solipsistic back and forth that you tend to find in the world of social media posts. There was no conversation as such, more a continuous stream of exclamation marked opinions.

That concerns me for the future. Specifically for what we are talking about here I have a handful of friends who are serious boxing fans. Of those only one of them has formed his love for the sport in an age of social media and internet forums. It may be a coincidence but he's the only one of us that badmouths boxers. The way he talks about fighters, the way he talks of the sport, the way he expresses his opinions seems governed by the interactions that he's used to having on social media.

If internet interaction was the the only opportunity I had to converse with boxing fans, I'd be convinced that the majority of boxing fans hate boxers. When DirkDigglerUK was posting on here, in one of his posts he stated that non of his friends are into boxing, that this is the only place that he could talk about the sport. I genuinely felt for the guy.
        If you log off for a few months, as I do from time to time, when you come back it's startling to see how some previously decent posters have degenerated. They fall into the mode of interacting in a world governed by ideas of 'fanboys' and '******s', 'cowards' and 'hypejobs'.

The thing is, with more and more people spending inordinate amounts of time interacting through social media rather than face to face (which is far more nuanced), what if the way fans think about the sport and talk about it in here becomes the norm out there? . . . Then we're really ****ed.

There are many things that I enjoy about this place and it does seem to have an addictive quality. But the balance has shifted for me. I enjoy coming on here and I'll continue to do so, but do I think I'd enjoy the actual sport of boxing more if I didn't? . . . I think the answer is probably yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
          You are part of the reason people talk like politicians, and politicians talk like they do.
          Next we'll hear 'we are seeking an appropriate opponent at weight class not unreasonably exceeding practicable expectations at a date satisfactory with involved parties'

They said something and they fuked up. Get over it.
          Intent is there, delivery not so much.
          It's not a joke dude. Boxing's a dangerous sport. Dudes get killed. Go on commas. You should appreciate the info. Golovkin knew at first that fighting Brook was wrong, or, he finally accepted lower division boxers moving up the same as he should too?

Either, he publicized that Alvarez disrespected the sport about demanding 155 with him yet has been saying forever 154-168 is easy.

Conclusion: Goon and Hypocrite. No honor

Comment

There's something about the sport of boxing that brings out so much hate, it's crazy. NSB is probably an extreme examples but I see it on Facebook groups and Twitter as well.

Warning: Rant below

Whether it was Mayweather or Pacquiao, two of the greatest fighters in the modern era, to current guys like Golovkin and Ward, Kovalev, Rigondeaux and so on. It's one thing to dislike cherry pickers, those guys deserve the criticism, but to hate on clearly talented guys who obviously try to fight the best and/or continue to fight solid opposition, I just don't understand. Mayweather and Pacquiao, sure I understand each rabid fanbase took things to the extreme because they backed their guy so much, but to discredit the other person's entire career is just being delusional. No one can say Mayweather or Pacquiao were overrated, just makes you look like a jackass. Andre Ward is clearly one of the best fighters in the world. You don't like his style? So what, that doesn't change anything. Golovkin is clearly one of the best fighters in the world. Everyone knows his resume is lacking because top fighters simply would not fight him and yet people act like that isn't the case. Kovalev has beat everyone they put in front of him. He struggles a little bit in his last fight against a guy who is nearly impossible to look good against and now he's a bum? Sure. Deontay Wilder signed to fight Povetkin in Russia and Povetkin failed his drug test and yet it's Wilders fault. That is just embarrassing. Rigondeaux, like Golovkin, has struggled immensely to get anyone in the ring with him since Donaire, yet people say he's an idiot for not moving up in weight or he should completely change his style etc.

It drives me crazy being a fan of boxing at times. It's the greatest sport in the world but the business and the fans are so ****ed up.
            This, a 1000 times.

Comment

It drives me crazy being a fan of boxing at times. It's the greatest sport in the world but the business and the fans are so ****ed up.
              So by fans you're also criticizing yourself? Paradoxical approach...

You're right, the business side of things, meaning how promoters or a coach should guide the boxer on what he should do.

Golovkin and his collective apparently never understood, "talk is talk but can you walk the walk?"

To say nobody wants to fight Golovkin as the excuse to override all circumstances is very immature...

Comment

Great thread. I think about this virtually daily as a guy who tries to be reasonable & understanding of the multiple angles that are always at work even with the most basic of moves.

I've come to the conclusion some boxing fans enjoy boxing via their hate for specific boxers not unlike wrestling fans do with their bad guys & via their complaining like my Grandmother when she'd be upset in real life over Blake leaving Zoey for Angela on The Bold & The Beautiful. I consider them hater fans & I think the most loyal fans of certain guys like Floyd, Manny & Broner are probably the guys who hate them. In this day & age where content being written about you gives you power being hated is an underrated & underappreciated way to stardom. Just ask Paris Hilton & Kim Kardashian & numerous reality show stars nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  So by fans you're also criticizing yourself? Paradoxical approach...

You're right, the business side of things, meaning how promoters or a coach should guide the boxer on what he should do.

Golovkin and his collective apparently never understood, "talk is talk but can you walk the walk?"

To say nobody wants to fight Golovkin as the excuse to override all circumstances is very immature...
                  Do you appreciate the irony of you bringing your opinions on Golovkin - however valid you may feel them to be - to this particular thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    Do you appreciate the irony of you bringing your opinions on Golovkin - however valid you may feel them to be - to this particular thread?
                    I didn't know Golovkin was exclusive to the thread, or rather... I was responding to another posters position to his context. I don't care about fan base wars. I prefer to be a neutral player to portray double standards via video testimonials and make mockery's out of it. There are plenty of youtube channels on boxing displaying emotion and opinion about such dramas. I like NSB's culture with photoshoped pictures too. just joining the game.. and last, Editing evidence is best. I don't care about theory or reasons. money is pretty straight forward too. many NSB fans don't know anything about money, and take Loeffler's word about investment strategy without thinking...

Comment

No, boxing doesn't need Mayweather and Pacquiao. New stars will emerge, it's just going to take time. I refer to this as a transitional period. Post Mayweather-Pacquiao. Where the other stars are getting close to retirement as well like Cotto and JMM, guys like Bradley are getting up there too. Most people saw this coming and it happens throughout boxings history; it's perfectly normal to have down periods after the bigger stars retire and an "era" ends.

There is a lot of upcoming talent and even more, the upcoming Olympics will produce stars for many years ahead. Remember, this will be the first Olympics in ages without headgear and pro style scoring, it's huge for boxing. We are going to see more coverage and more exciting fights in this Olympics than we have in years.

Guys like Canelo, Ward, Golovkin, Kovalev, Crawford, Thurman, these guys aren't going to carry the sport but they'll all make things interesting for the time being, while I think guys like Errol Spence, Anthony Joshua amd a few others will become the next truly big stars a couple years down the road.

So what boxing needs right now is a platform to consistently show the new talent and build them into future stars.
                      Boxing don't have TIME! By the time a new star emerges NOBODY in America at least will be watching at this rate in which the sport seems to really be declining here.

You can build new stars WHILE Mayweather and Pacquiao is active which is what should've been done but none of the Promoters was able to get that done during Mayweather and Pacquiao ERA. The Lack of unity in boxing also hurt it with all the promoters being Divided as well as Networks.

I'm not seeing that potential next Cross Over Superstar Yet to be honest, it is some talented guys in the ring but doesn't seem to have much Personality to get casuals interested but we shall see. I'm sure some new stars will emerge but the way boxing is right now, making a new Superstar is going to be extremely Difficult!

Comment

Working...
                      X