Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much hate and disrespect against top boxers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave a lot of GREEN K in this thread. A lot of brilliant posts. I get tired of the racism and bigotry. It reminds me of when I was growing up in the 40's in the Deep South. I thought the country had moved on...

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
      It's really just the blacks vs non-blacks that's why.
      Nationally/Ethnically/Racially motivated? Hell yes, but not just simply black vs non-black.

Comment

Though I agree with the sentiment, I greatly disagree with the reasoning. Fans NEED to complain to show their discontent with awful matchmaking. Coming up with excuses for these guys just gives the industry more reason to serve us up garbage. The 1 thing everyone can agree with about boxing is that the best aren't fighting the best. Why support the reasons for that happening??

I agree that the fighters are getting a lot of disrespect for the doings of managers and promoters but, to an extent, the fighters must bear the shame brought about by those they CHOOSE to represent them.

Comment

Boxing is in a nasty downward spiral here in the US and yes major part of it is the lack of respect from its own fans. If "Boxing Fans" do nothing but bash the sport why would new fans watch?

Boxing NEEDS Pacquiao and Mayweather to fight on because it is CLEAR that it is NO other Superstar to carry the sport and keep casuals interested

Comment

Boxing's format needs to be revamped from the bottom to the top.

1)Start by having one champ per division and have one all boxers under one promotion. It's the only way to ensure the best fight the best at their best.

2)All fights that are not for the official championship in the division take place in free TV.

3)Save the PPV for the championship fights and put reasonable price tags on these.

4)Have 6 PPV's a year. Two featuring (105,115,126,126,140,160), two featuring(108,118,130,147,168), and 2 featuring(112,122,135,154,175,200,>200)

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

Boxing NEEDS Pacquiao and Mayweather to fight on because it is CLEAR that it is NO other Superstar to carry the sport and keep casuals interested
              No, boxing doesn't need Mayweather and Pacquiao. New stars will emerge, it's just going to take time. I refer to this as a transitional period. Post Mayweather-Pacquiao. Where the other stars are getting close to retirement as well like Cotto and JMM, guys like Bradley are getting up there too. Most people saw this coming and it happens throughout boxings history; it's perfectly normal to have down periods after the bigger stars retire and an "era" ends.

There is a lot of upcoming talent and even more, the upcoming Olympics will produce stars for many years ahead. Remember, this will be the first Olympics in ages without headgear and pro style scoring, it's huge for boxing. We are going to see more coverage and more exciting fights in this Olympics than we have in years.

Guys like Canelo, Ward, Golovkin, Kovalev, Crawford, Thurman, these guys aren't going to carry the sport but they'll all make things interesting for the time being, while I think guys like Errol Spence, Anthony Joshua amd a few others will become the next truly big stars a couple years down the road.

So what boxing needs right now is a platform to consistently show the new talent and build them into future stars.
              Last edited by ИATAS; 07-17-2016, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NateHound View Post
                I can understand the anger some of you have but there comes a point where nearly every 2nd post is just vitriol and pretty disgraceful posting.

I signed up pretty recently after being just a reader for a while because some of the posts are just mental.

I think some of you need to direct your hate towards the management of the sport itself and less so towards the boxers themselves. A couple key points on this.

1. IT IS 2016, IT IS INCREDIBLY HARD TO MAKE A FIGHT BETWEEN TWO TOP GUYS. The reason you're seeing so many one sided defences and title fights is because it's not easy for these guys to fight other top guys. These guys are being managed by business men, not boxing men. I HATE the cherry picks. I hate the weak resumes of nearly all the top guys. My favourite fighters in GGG, Kovalev etc... These guys have such poor resumes in comparison to their skill set... This can be partly because of management and also a big part is because...

2. THE BUSINESS/FANS ARE SO FICKLE THESE DAYS, just one loss can be so damaging to a career if guys want to be at the 'top'. We live in the age where you're either a bum or a god. Some "fans" are so bipolar that their is no in between in their eyes. I've seen posts saying Lemueix, Groves, Eubank, Breazeale, Porter etc are bums... Jesus. Bums? These type of guys have always been around. Not elite, but good high level guys capable of giving the top guys good fights. Every sport has them.

3. ABC belts have given these companies and some of the top guys a false sense of what they want to be making as a fighter. Everyone thinks they are worth more but no one wants to take the risks to build their name because a loss is so damaging. Back when, there was one champ per division. HE MADE THE MONEY. You want that money? You climb the ranks and take that belt. Nowadays, you got 4-5 "champs" per division, half of which couldn't even be named by some fans. But because of those paper titles these guys think they should be earning 5mil a fight.

Now having said all of that... Some of these boxers aren't daring to be great.. But instead of the hate, have a think about why. It's unfortunately the nature of boxing at the moment. I don't blame these guys. I blame the sport itself. Hope to hear some level headed discussion and if I've missed anything love to hear some thoughts?

Cheers guys.
                great post! but....

welcome to "154-168 easy" doe!

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  great post! but....

welcome to "154-168 easy" doe!
                  Of course the Hater of the Year has to post in a thread aimed at posters like you.

How's your next Golovkin YouTube video coming along?

Comment

Originally posted by NateHound View Post
                    Now having said all of that... Some of these boxers aren't daring to be great.. But instead of the hate, have a think about why. It's unfortunately the nature of boxing at the moment. I don't blame these guys. I blame the sport itself. Hope to hear some level headed discussion and if I've missed anything love to hear some thoughts?
                    Well then they're complicit then aren't they? You have guys turning down $3-4 million paydays, others deliberately choosing to fight bum opponents. Let's blame the sport doe! the boxers turning down fights are to blame, and if you excuse them and give them a pass how are you ever going to expect it to change? Enjoy watching Wilder-Arreola every weekend.

My favourite fighters in GGG, Kovalev etc... These guys have such poor resumes in comparison to their skill set...
                    No they don't. Their records are littered with top 10 opponents and world champions in their weight class. Better opponents don't exist.

Canelo, if you consider him a great MW (I don't) is now fighting at JMW. 39 year old Adonis Stevenson is really no better than a Pascal, probably worse.

Aside from that, they're doing everything they're supposed to at their weight classes.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 07-17-2016, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Boxing is in a nasty downward spiral here in the US and yes major part of it is the lack of respect from its own fans. If "Boxing Fans" do nothing but bash the sport why would new fans watch?

Preach it brotha'

They need to fix that lame performance on their first attempt. They have a shot at bringing in more fans to the sport. Provided their is less running and hugging in the part 2. They ruined the sport for the lack of performance, but they can make amends and fix boxing by showing a better effort and less fouling from Floyd.

They are as of now have the true responsibility to carry the sport and fix the sport that we love.

As Tyson has said, "as a boxer you have a duty to put on an entertaining fight. For the fans"

Boring fights will kill boxing.
                      Last edited by Spoon23; 07-17-2016, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X