Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would guys like Deontay and Anthony Joshua do in Muhammad Ali's era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would guys like Deontay and Anthony Joshua do in Muhammad Ali's era?

Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder
    These guys are all ranked within the top 5 of todays heavyweights

http://bit.ly/29FhuvR - (Deontay Wilder ranked number 3 in the world)

But what would happen if these guys with their current skills and abilities fought guys in Muhammad Ali's era. E.g. fighting against George Foreman or Joe Frazier

I think the only guy who would do well in Muhammad Ali's era is a prime Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidKratos92 View Post
      I think the only guy who would do well in Muhammad Ali's era is a prime Wlad.
      i hope thats a joke...

Comment

Yeah no way do I see anthony joshua doing well at all against guys like Henry cooper etc

Comment

nope not a joke

Comment

They would all be champs at some point and where does anyone think the slow ,poor stamina ,easy to figure out Foreman would defeat a stronger guy like Joshua who is 30 pounds heavier 3 inches taller and is technical ?

Fury would be to big for Ali ,it wouldn't matter who was more skilled bc without his Jab , Ali cant do anything .He is not going to have the physical attributes to deal with a 6'9 guy 85 inch reach unless he was a k.o artist and Ali was'nt ,thats just reality !

Wilder may not be the best today but if guys like Lyle and Quarry were top guys im pretty sure a 6'7 power puncher with fast hands would be a bigger Ernie Shavers /Foreman type threat . Ithink ppl forget these guys in the 70's were mostly brawler type fighters !

Comment

I don't think Wilder will even do that well in this era when he fights one of the top current HW's, never mind in that era.

Comment

All 3 would be used as opponents for young heavyweight prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidKratos92 View Post
                  nope not a joke
                  it's a joke

he would do the worse actually....wlad has all of the skills in the world but he lacks heart. even small punches can discourage wlad. some psycho 70's jorneyman like texcobb would catch wlad on the right day & take everything wlad could dish out and land his own shots & end up stopping wlad.

vitali would do better then wlad........wlad has good skills but a heart filled of sugar.

Comment

I think that about all things in general there is a myth that yesterday's stuff was better.
                    You'd have to say that Ali wins but against Wilder or Joshua in particular he's at least have some scary moments - and at worst he'd get knocked out. Ali had a good chin but both are good finishers and are very big men - no gimme for Ali.

As an aside - Wlad gave his belts to Fury by simply not throwing anything, the other two are not gun shy at all and I would have no doubt they would knock his fat ass out. Parker and maybe even Whyte would handle Fury.
                    TF is a sloppy fat guy who was a perfect matchup for Wlad, AND Wlad didn't show up at all. Fury won the lottery, and he knows it - he may actually retire after the rematch because he knows he'd be mauled to death by any big, active power puncher - they are all wrong for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X