Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: No Way Would I Give Manny Pacquiao a Fifth Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you watch the fourth fight in slow motion with the announcers turned down and analyze it round by round...Pacquiao actually won.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      If you watch the fourth fight in slow motion with the announcers turned down and analyze it round by round...Pacquiao actually won.
      I have it as pac tko win.

I stopped the fight before round 6.

Comment

JMM makes me sad. Why is he holding on to his career for dear life? He doesn't wanna fight Pac again, and he wants Cotto @147. Dude, just let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          Lol

And how long have you been following jmm career?

Fact is jmm is a very good fighter but he made a lot of bad career decisions

From not fighting morales to turning down the hamed fight.

Look at his resume before pac.

Lackluster.

Fact is his draw with pac elevated him. Everytime pac accomplished something, the greater pac looked the better jmm looked.

That's why he got his bigger fights later in his career.

Without pac draw, there is no barrera fight or floyd fight.

Remember jmm was too good, not enough money, too much risk, not big enough name BEFORE the Pac fights.
          I can agree Jmm resume before pac wasn't as great as after pac, but same can be said for pac himself so your argument there is null. They were both world champions before they fought each other, pac got his popularity at the expense of his victories over great Mexican fighters I'm sure you can agree, either way Marquez and pac would both be hall of famers without each other. They both benefited from each other no doubt. But to say Jmm owes pacquiao... That's just nonsense. Only thing Jmm owes pacquiao is an apology for breaking all of his fans hearts in that 6th round of fight number 4 lol

Comment

Love Marquez, but beating Pac cost him his knee.

Whatever steroids memo Gave him absolutely ate away at his ligaments. Dude can barely move in a ring anymore. Knee looks like it's ready to buckle anytime he moves forward.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Marquez is a warrior with a decent resume with that said I would personally pay to have those testing samples re-examined today. That acne on his chest, back and shoulders has never sat well with me considering who was his fitness guru at the time. I wish boxing was like the olympics where they stored your samples long after the event and re-test them when new testing measures are updated. There would be a lot more people caught out there. I think the world of Marquez as a fighter but I seriously feel he was dirty as fk during that whole camp and his body breaking down just after it is also pretty glaring. He looked average at best versus Bradley and a whole lot less swole.
              So we're going to make gratuitous accusations about Marquez but no comments about Mr Frankenstein over there? Cover your bias for God's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                I can agree Jmm resume before pac wasn't as great as after pac, but same can be said for pac himself so your argument there is null. They were both world champions before they fought each other, pac got his popularity at the expense of his victories over great Mexican fighters I'm sure you can agree, either way Marquez and pac would both be hall of famers without each other. They both benefited from each other no doubt. But to say Jmm owes pacquiao... That's just nonsense. Only thing Jmm owes pacquiao is an apology for breaking all of his fans hearts in that 6th round of fight number 4 lol
                Pac was an hbo fighter since the ledwaba fight 2001.

Barrera fight made him not marquez.

If anything Marquez 1 hurt his momentum. The morales fights made him a ppv fighter. Delahoya made him a ppv star.

It's not about jmm owing pac. He owes pac nada. He doesn't have to do a 5th if he doesn't want to. Unless he wants one more big payday.

But pac fights made him. Without the Pac fight who knows what his career would look like. Probably way less accomplished.

Even his 1st big win was owed to pac. Gbp wanted him to have barreras 130 belt in anticipation of Pac rematches with both barrera and jmm.

Gbp knew jmm had a better chance than barrera. Hence why they forced the jmm-barrera fight. Could also explain the lopsided scorecards in jmm favor.

Comment

JMM has no integrity, coward.

Comment

Remember when JMM when all the way the Philippines, ready to suck Pac's D for a rematch? Pac gave it do him, the rematch that is, not JMM though, what a little prick.
                    http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-c...-manila--13396

Comment

Marquez finally got to fight Pacquiao on an even plain field and won.

Good on you for getting revenge.

Comment

Working...
                      X