Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia and his dad confirm they received an offer to fight Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoever thinks Swift is gonna make $6m or more vs. Thurman is out of their d@mn mind.

3 to 4 to fight Pacquiao sounds fair...I give Swift a chance in that fight too, he always seems to pull out the W.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
      First of all Danny Garcia didn't fight "bums" all his career, tell me any of the fighters right now that are 27 years old or younger that have a better resume than Danny Garcia at any weight, I'm not talking about actual wins and bad decisions, I'm just talking about the caliber of opposition that the man has faced.

Maidana, Ortiz and Guerrero weren't the names Danny Garcia is at the moment, Danny Garcia is the guy at 147 that everyone wants to fight to make a good payday after Mayweather and Pacquiao, he's the man with the biggest drawing power because of all the names he got into the ring with, from Khan to Peterson to Matthysse to Guerrero and the list goes on and on, so of course you can't pay him what Floyd paid the guys you mentioned, of course he doesn't deserve 50-50 with Pacquiao either but 70-30 seems about fair to me, he can go fight Keith Thurman on NBC in a record breaking fight and make 6-7 Mil doing it, and I think it's even an easier fight for him than the Pacquiao fight.

I doubt danny makes 6 million against thurman

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        I doubt danny makes 6 million against thurman
        You never know with Haymon throwing money under the table. Chavez Jr. made 4.5 million or something like that on a Showtime show after Haymon paid him all that under the table money.

PBC going on broke, but wouldn't doubt Haymon isn't shifting him money...because if he wasn't he would've taken the Pac fight

Comment

• Pac's selling power is diminishing, they can't pay that much any more and depends how they are going to share that ppv sales.

Danny should take that fight because you steal the thunder of the legend when you beat him. If he does then everybody is going to really want to fight Danny

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
            He makes 3-4 million fighting anyone now...so i see why he declined

no he doesn't!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              Essentially same deal Broner turned down. These guys are so short sighted. Manny is old and past his best. If they were to knock him off their market value would jump big. Instead they're delusional like Danny Jacobs & Quillin when offered the Golovkin fight. Let these pretenders keep sitting on their *sses.
              Why let Bob Arum, who's company is literally hanging in the lurch of falling into being small time, use your sweat (on a discount) to try and save his company? There's no doubt that, beyond the $3m, Top Rank's likely tried to leverage themselves into picking up a few options on the guys.

Broner vs Garcia (or at least a handful of fights) is a fight that, once everything gets counted, already pays each fighter $3m-$4m before any upside on the PPV.

The fact that you think it's a good deal for Broner or Garcia to make $3m, have Pacquiao make $20m, and have the event basically not lose money due to the heat that they bring themselves makes you look like a fool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                You never know with Haymon throwing money under the table. Chavez Jr. made 4.5 million or something like that on a Showtime show after Haymon paid him all that under the table money.

PBC going on broke, but wouldn't doubt Haymon isn't shifting him money...because if he wasn't he would've taken the Pac fight

do you have a link for any of this?

danny made a purse of 1.5 million against guerrero.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  do you have a link for any of this?

danny made a purse of 1.5 million against guerrero.
                  I have no idea how much he's making under the table.. but we all know they are. Chavez Jr is the only one who posted actual pictures of it, but most of them brag online that they're making way more than what's reported to the comission

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    Why let Bob Arum, who's company is literally hanging in the lurch of falling into being small time, use your sweat (on a discount) to try and save his company? There's no doubt that, beyond the $3m, Top Rank's likely tried to leverage themselves into picking up a few options on the guys.

Broner vs Garcia (or at least a handful of fights) is a fight that, once everything gets counted, already pays each fighter $3m-$4m before any upside on the PPV.

The fact that you think it's a good deal for Broner or Garcia to make $3m, have Pacquiao make $20m, and have the event basically not lose money due to the heat that they bring themselves makes you look like a fool.
                    You live in quite the dream world my friend. I'd love to see Broner vs Garcia on PPV make 3-4 million for each plus upside lol...hahahahahahahaahaaaa

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      Guys weren't even making that much to fight Floyd....

Pacquiao is guaranteed apparently $20m, on a share that Bob Arum no longer has an in-house option decent enough to not lose money on.

In no world should anyone close to a rising fighter give Pacquiao a 85/15 split on an event, especially with Pacquiao dried up in the US.

Comment

Working...
                      X