Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be considered Greater: Golovkin or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Ward was offered 164, he said no and moved up to 175. Lara only talks on Twitter, he has never once attempted to confront GGG like he did Candelita...ever wonder why that is?
    Catchtweights are wrong according to Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
      lick nuts lil bytche, anyone who thinks g string with his pathetic resume will be considered a greater fighter than Ward is an idiot (like you).
      I guess my joke didn't go over well with you huh pal? Once Brook beats GGG you can kiss the ground he walks on and thank him for protecting your precious little princess Ward from that ass whooping.

Comment

Ward.

Simply, because he never signed to fight someone two weight classes below him. GGG did a lot of coward moves these past 2 years. Willing to fight Froch at 168, but Ward it had to be at 164. Criticized Canelo for fighting a welterweight, then in his next fight Little G decides to sign a fight against a welterweight.

Seriously whoever says Gennedy Gennedyevich Golovkin is greater than Andre SOG Ward and will be in the future needs to just stop watching boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallDrum View Post
          First post here. I feel like I'm already going to attract a lot of hate, but here it is.

I put a ton of importance on ducking in these legacy/resume debates, and Ward has ducked several. His retirement, like Floyd Jr's retirement, are unacceptable, especially when you want to call yourself great. Next to the big boys like RJJ and James Toney, these two look like the biggest cherry pickers. Neither of which belong in the HOF.

Right now people are overlooking some very good fighters on Golovkin's resume. Unfortunately he didn't have opposition with big names from big boxing countries, but there have been some very good fighters.

Now if Ward does beat Kovalev by a wide margin UD, like some of you say you expect him to do, then yes Ward has the better resume. I doubt this will happen though imo.

why didn't you name those very good fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo 13 View Post
            Both are ranked as top 3 or 4 P4P at the moment by the Ring. Both have been dominant in their respective weight classes, but may never fight each other.

So when it's all said and done, who do you think will rank higher on the all time list, Golovkin or Ward?

Beating bums won't make GGG great. Until he fights someone with a pulse the way Ward did, these 2 should never be mentioned in the same sentence

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
              Beating bums won't make GGG great. Until he fights someone with a pulse the way Ward did, these 2 should never be mentioned in the same sentence
              end thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                why didn't you name those very good fighters?
                Respond to my post first, instead of being a nit and picking on details. Then I will educate you on who his opponents were.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                  Ducking Stevenson and Golovkin in 2013 wasn't great for Ward. Eubank Jr., Jacobs, Saunders, and Canelo ducking Golovkin in 2016 wasn't great for Golovkin. But Ward's a B-side duck, and Golovkin is an A-side monster.

I hope your boy is ready for Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                    Is Butterbean better than Ali? Fack NO!
                    Ali travelled what is your point.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                      Greatness is define by who you beat. Not by how many bums you can beat in a row.

So answer one question for me. Answer in one word.

who has the better resume ward or golovkin?
                      Golovkin because he beats opponents cleanly.

Comment

Working...
                      X