Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you place Brook p4p with GGG win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buge View Post
    goes up 2 weightclasses and beats a top3 p4p fighter? I'd put him #1
    Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    #1 of course.

Who else, Ward, Kovalev, Chocolatito, Rigo - Anyone of them has moved up two weightclasses to beat a super champion no one wants to fight?

none.

If Brook fought GGG and somehow beat him, then he'd be the best.
    Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
    Given GGG's lofty ranking, it's hard to dispute this.

Moving up two divisions to beat him would be a greater achievement than any of the other contenders for the throne.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      His resume would consist of Porter and Golovkin. P4P #1? Come on... I might put him just outside the top 5.
      Oh my god

Tell me who has two better wins on their resume than Porter and GGG?

Jesus, outside the top 5

Comment

Oh my god

Tell me who has two better wins on their resume than Porter and GGG?

Jesus, outside the top 5
        I know he's your boy so there's no point in trying to talk you out of him being #1 but, just to be polite I'll reply with these thoughts; Think about how what happens to GGG's stock after he gets beaten by a welter. Right or wrong, people will be screaming, "GGG was a hype job anyway" because he doesn't have any good wins. And Porter, well I like the guy but he's not enough to fill in that giant vacuum that is Brook's resume. Brook's problem is 2 years of no legit defenses and his only current win being a guy that's no longer got a lot of value.

Comment

I know he's your boy so there's no point in trying to talk you out of him being #1 but, just to be polite I'll reply with these thoughts; Think about how what happens to GGG's stock after he gets beaten by a welter. Right or wrong, people will be screaming, "GGG was a hype job anyway" because he doesn't have any good wins. And Porter, well I like the guy but he's not enough to fill in that giant vacuum that is Brook's resume. Brook's problem is 2 years of no legit defenses and his only current win being a guy that's no longer got a lot of value.
          I agree they would definitely be saying that, so what does that mean - We should automatically detract value from him as a fighter?

The only way I can see anyone else be number one is if one of two things happen or both:

1) Mayweather comes back
          2) Ward beats Kovalev as well

If Ward beats Kovalev, he's a legit #1 and you could even say Kovalev is the same if he wins.

But other than that, I don't see anyone who can show me the same body of work as Brook, even with "just" Porter and GGG on his resume.

Definitely top 2, but most likely #1.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
            Only to the 5 who people on NSB who revolve their life hating him would label him a hype job. Most credible journalist would probably put him top 5.
            Daniel Jacobs has knocked off similar competition to Golovkin. Peter Quillin has knocked off similar competition to Golovkin.

neither guy has ever been considered a p4p fighter, let alone a top 5 fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              Daniel Jacobs has knocked off similar competition to Golovkin. Peter Quillin has knocked off similar competition to Golovkin.

neither guy has ever been considered a p4p fighter, let alone a top 5 fighter.
              That statement is horribly inaccurate, Jacobs has beaten 1 top 10 MW in Quillin.... Quillin has also beaten only 1 top 10 MW in N'Dam. GGG by my count has beaten at least 5 or 6 top 10 MW so stop with the BS.

If Brook pulled this off then he'd have to be #1 and I'd put him above the Ward-Kovalev winner too, the size of the task can not be ignored and GGG right now is at minimum a top 5 p4p on any credible list.

But truthfully its not going to happen for Brook cause I don't see any avenues to victory for him but my God it would be the biggest shock ever if he did.

Comment

#2 just behind Tyson Fury.

Comment

#1 of course.

Who else, Ward, Kovalev, Chocolatito, Rigo - Anyone of them has moved up two weightclasses to beat a super champion no one wants to fight?

none.

If Brook fought GGG and somehow beat him, then he'd be the best.
                  I can see that viewpoint. Ward has yet to take down Kovalev to be kingpin of two divisions.

Comment

His resume would consist of Porter and Golovkin. P4P #1? Come on... I might put him just outside the top 5.
                    That Golovkin win would be the best win p4p on ANYONE's resume though. It takes p4p chops to be able to pull something like that off.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      That statement is horribly inaccurate, Jacobs has beaten 1 top 10 MW in Quillin.... Quillin has also beaten only 1 top 10 MW in N'Dam. GGG by my count has beaten at least 5 or 6 top 10 MW so stop with the BS.

If Brook pulled this off then he'd have to be #1 and I'd put him above the Ward-Kovalev winner too, the size of the task can not be ignored and GGG right now is at minimum a top 5 p4p on any credible list.

But truthfully its not going to happen for Brook cause I don't see any avenues to victory for him but my God it would be the biggest shock ever if he did.
                      please name these "6 of the top 10 MWs" that Golovkin has beat.

Peter Quillin has Daniel Jacobs, Andy Lee, Fernando Guerrero and Hassan N'Dam all on his hit list. Daniel Jacobs' resume is thinner, but even he has Quillin, Mora, and Pirog on his ledger.

Daniel Geale, Martin Murray, and David Lemieux, but who else is really in that conversation?

Comment

Working...
                      X