Collapse
No announcement yet.

What round will Ward stop Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if ward can take kovas punche he wins a UD, if not ward gets koeed late..

Comment

The last time Ward stopped anybody... was in 2012 lol. He couldn't even stop, or drop, defensively challenged Edwin Rodriguez.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I remember when Chad Dawson was supposed to dominate Ward... Then the unthinkable happened.
        If Kovalev fought like he did today, he'd be out in 9 rounds. That said, I don't think he's going to go though this hiccup without learning and adapting. He'll tighten up his game but it's more clear than ever that (as I've been saying) Kovalev has never fought anyone near Ward's level and will lose a decision.
        Ward ended up. 4-1 favorite, after it leaked Dawson got KOed by Miranda. Nobody in the world thought Dawson was supposed to dominate Ward at 168

Also lol at 9 rounds. Ward just fought an opponent who wouldn't see round 5 today vs Kov, and never had him in any danger. Since Shelby Pudwill in 2009 he's only stopped corpse Dawson and fat punching bag Smith

Comment

Chillemba would of stop Ward in the 9th.

If Kovy is PISSED, as he was against Pascal.... it won't go past 6 and Ward will be stopped.

... that is if Ward gets past his tuneup.

Comment

Ward wasn't a big puncher at 168, at 175 he is not stopping Kovalev who has never been stopped.

Now Ward out boxing Kovalev is a possibility, but Kovalev could explode any second with that overhand right which carries fight-ending power. Ward needs too worry about being stopped himself.

Chillemba has a very different style compared to Hopkins and Ward, I hope Ward isn't going to take Kovalev lightly after today's fight because that would be a huge mistake.

Both fighters need to be on their A game to win this fight.
            Last edited by El JACKAL; 07-11-2016, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
              You all know Kovalev is limited, fights in straight lines, is one dimensional, has no inside game and will basically get schooled by Ward. Also his fitness socks and he will be fighting pound for pound numerous Uno.

Real question is 'what round will Ward stop Kovalev'?
              Fights in straight line? One dimensional? U remind me of my friend from work that use to always ask me if that guy Floyd is fighting any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I remember when Chad Dawson was supposed to dominate Ward... Then the unthinkable happened.
                If Kovalev fought like he did today, he'd be out in 9 rounds. That said, I don't think he's going to go though this hiccup without learning and adapting. He'll tighten up his game but it's more clear than ever that (as I've been saying) Kovalev has never fought anyone near Ward's level and will lose a decision.
                Dawson was so drained he could barely stand up on fight night, then when you throw in the crack addiction thing, he was a zombie heading in.

Ward better believe that Kovalev will be 100% dialed in for that fight. He said after the fight that fighting back in Russia for the first time in so long had him very nervous. Plus, the last time he fought there, he killed a guy in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                  You all know Kovalev is limited, fights in straight lines, is one dimensional, has no inside game and will basically get schooled by Ward. Also his fitness socks and he will be fighting pound for pound numerous Uno.

Real question is 'what round will Ward stop Kovalev'?
                  Troll alert. This is the same guy who said Malinaggi would beat Pacquiao.

Comment

Stop it. Ward is not knocking out kov. He winning 7-5 doe.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Lol Ward ain't stopping nobody unless he is allowed to use his head as a battering ram.

& I actually think its Ward who has looked the limited one after his lay off.

Its amazing how you can win a wide decision over a tough, crafty vet like Chilemba and it changes peoples perceptions so much and they suddenly all forget that Ward has fought only twice in about 5 years getting rocked by British level Paul Smith & struggling rather badly and looking flat against a basic as you can get Barrera.
                      Getting rocked by Paul Smith-wtf????????????????????????????

Comment

Working...
                      X