Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Drops, Dominates Chilemba: Waits For Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol at ward fans and it will only get worse after his fight with that bum he is fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      My take on the fight - if Ward can handle some of those flush shots, he has a great chance of winning
      if kovalev doesn't shorten up his punches against ward he may not land a single thing on him

Comment

• Anyone got a video?

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          has chilemba gained some of your respect now?
          It didn't change what I thought of his previous performances, or some of his bad habits, but I absolutely do have a new respect for the guy.
          He started out a little scared but started to assert himself and even took a couple rounds after the KD. Good on him. His jab was brilliant, as was his movement (aside from letting himself getting walked down too often). I really thought he wouldn't make it past the 7th (which, is ironically the rd he almost went out in).

Comment

• "dominates Chilemba"

Whoever wrote that didn't even watch the fight. Kovalev got dominated boxingwise, his power saved him. He looked really bad today. Scored it 114-113 for the Russian, couple of close rounds here and there but that was not a dominating performance by any means.

Comment

• I think this was a good prep fight for Ward, but Kovalev didn't look too good here.
              I knew it wasn't going to be easy like everyone was saying, but I didn't think he was going to look this bad.
              If he fights like this he won't beat Ward imo.

Kovalev is just far too basic. There is a reason why Sergey was never #1 in Russia. I know he complained about politics, which is true that politics play a part of the Russian amateur system, it's not rare for the lesser guys to get chosen over the better guys.
              Having said that though, Kovalev would of never had the success the guys that were ranked of him did.

I have to wait and see how Ward looks against Brand, HBO are real idiots for paying for that bout but nothing can be done about now I guess to be sure. Unlike most I actually don't think Ward looked all that great against Barrera. People were praising Ward for that performance, but I don't think he looked great, but he didn't look bad like Kovalev looked here. I do think Chilemba is better than Barrera though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                I got it even going in the 11...Kovalev is giving the rounds away. Hes all power.
                good thing your not a judge, you'd rob so many fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  It didn't change what I thought of his previous performances, or some of his bad habits, but I absolutely do have a new respect for the guy.
                  He started out a little scared but started to assert himself and even took a couple rounds after the KD. Good on him. His jab was brilliant, as was his movement (aside from letting himself getting walked down too often). I really thought he wouldn't make it past the 7th (which, is ironically the rd he almost went out in).
                  I was impressed how he maintained the distance all the time. When Kovalev was going forward, he took the necessary steps back and threw his jab to keep Kovalev offbalanced and when Kovalev got in the dangerzone, he smothered and clinched him. Pretty good performance

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    fair play

i would love to see what a beterbiev or gvozdyk could do against him. he and beterbiev have each declined fights against each other once so maybe they should finally get it on next. would be a big statement if he could out-perform kovalev

Comment

• Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
                      "dominates Chilemba"

Whoever wrote that didn't even watch the fight. Kovalev got dominated boxingwise, his power saved him. He looked really bad today. Scored it 114-113 for the Russian, couple of close rounds here and there but that was not a dominating performance by any means.
                      114-113, what fight were you watching? That was a 9-3 fight. Maybe 8-4 with a knockdown. Chilmeba was in survival mode for most of the second half.

Comment

Working...
                      X