No announcement yet.

So ive heard why Eubank Snr demanded unreasonable terms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So ive heard why Eubank Snr demanded unreasonable terms

He wanted operational control of the event because he felt his boxer wasnt getting enough split from the PPV sales, apparently Chris Eubank Jnr was getting a very small split from the PPV sales and team Eubank obviously felt they deserved more.
    Which I can understand since Jnr is putting his career/health on the line fighting GGG when he could go after easier options. Overall if this is true I dont see the bargaining power that Chris Eubank jnr brings, hes not a world champion nor has he has the credentials of someone who can demand those terms.
    He needs to earn that.

The not famous titleholder is the b-side though and eubanks deserves more than $4m

Comment

Hearn himself said that Jr was offered the same deal that Joshua and Froch both got for their PPVs. That he was even offered that level of deal appears more than generous considering his standing in boxing. I don't see any reason for Hearn to lie and have yet to hear from Sr. However, based on commentary from various other promoters about dealing with English, this sounds pretty typical. English clearly seems to have a highly inflated opinion of himself. He needs to step back and let the professionals get on with it.

Comment

He even wanted to have the ticket prices basically double what it costs for an Anthony Joshua event. I can't say i like Hearn that much but he's right when he said imagine how much stick Hearn would get if he allowed that to happen?

At some point you need a deadline and move on, it's not just the fighters that need to know, there's so many different things that make up an event even outside of the fighters and TV Networks. So Hearn rightly said they have a contract that is good enough for AJ, Brook, Froch etc..so they have X amount of time to sign it or move on.

Maybe they have been unreasonable purposely to price themselves out. It wouldn't be the first time this year they have walked away from great opportunities.

Whatever it is, they need to be realistic. Eubank Jr is a British champion that has fought a world level opposition once, and lost. So if they can turn their noses up at deals good enough for Carl Froch, then they're going to have a hard time securing big fights.

If they want to control everything, then they should just be their own promotional company. Simple as that.

Comment

>Eubank Jr is a British champion that has fought a world level opposition once, and lost.

Saunders wasn't world class.Lol.

Comment

Working...
          X