Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The LIE that Brook is a massive WW and weighs 160+ on fight day.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Brook said on his Twitter today that " I am a huge WW and the weight won't be much different from each other"

So I'll take his word. Still doesn't make it a good fight but it's better than GGG vs some 4th ranked nobody at middleweight...
    Take his word over facts? He's just trying to sell the fight.

Comment

This KO will be terrible...

Too much weight difference.

Welter vs Middle

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
        Any proof of this? Even if he did it doesn't matter he weighs less than 157 for his fights now, which isn't a big WW.
        go and look at some of his previous fights, his trainer has said it multiple times + he's fought at 155 before.

What you're saying is ridiculous because Brook has to fight at max 157 on fight night or be stripped.

Brook/GGG are much closer in size than say Khan vs Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          He weighs in 156/157 on fight night only after he became a champion. He used to come in 165 ish on fight night.

He walks around at reportedly 180+.

He is DEFINITELY a big WW. He needs 12-16 weeks of excruciating dieting to get to 147. He comes in with 2-3% body weight.

Saying he's not a big WW is a ridiculous and ****** thing to say.
          As about facts, also: 13 of his 36 pro fight were above the 147 lb WW limit.
          Though, Brook was never after a belt at 154... and when he first called out GGG this spring, Brook mentioned that "somewhere in the middle" weight -- which was 154-155...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            As about facts, also: 13 of his 36 pro fight were above the 147 lb WW limit.
            Though, Brook was never after a belt at 154... and when he first called out GGG this spring, Brook mentioned that "somewhere in the middle" weight -- which was 154-155...
            I think Brook's idea was to unify 147 before going to 154. Unfortunately he's jumping straight up which is not a good move in my opinion.

Comment

My problem with this fight is actually not so much the size difference. Golovkin could probably make 154 if he wanted to. He's not a big MW.

Brook is really a LMW fighting at WW. Golovkin is an inch or so taller, not that much difference.

My big problem is that GGG is just so damn good and Brook has done absolutely nothing to suggest he could hang with GGG in a pro boxing match. And I say this as probably this forum's biggest supporter of Brook.

Comment

I think Brook's idea was to unify 147 before going to 154. Unfortunately he's jumping straight up which is not a good move in my opinion.
                I said it here: Brook is my favorite fighter at 147... but he is the strongest guy by far in that division... therefore the others don't want to fight him for an obvious reason.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  I said it here: Brook is my favorite fighter at 147... but he is the strongest guy by far in that division... therefore the others don't want to fight him for an obvious reason.
                  Yeah and also because he doesn't bring huge money. Similar situation (similar not exactly the same) as GGG at 160.

High risk, low reward.

This is the prime reason why, in my opinion, this is not nearly as shameful as Canelo picking Khan because he could have fought whoever he wanted at 154 or 160.

Comment

Yes, it is a complete lie that Brook is a massive WW. He is tiny compared to the likes of Andrade or Charlo and he would get devoured by them at 154. Brook was just afraid to lose his 0 to a welterweight like Errol Spence, so this was the perfect opportunity for him to make a payday and give his 0 to little g.

Comment

go and look at some of his previous fights, his trainer has said it multiple times + he's fought at 155 before.

What you're saying is ridiculous because Brook has to fight at max 157 on fight night or be stripped.

Brook/GGG are much closer in size than say Khan vs Canelo.
                      No he doesn't he has to weigh 157 or below on the morning of the fight. He stepped into the ring at 156 against Porter. He's not a big WW, numbers don't lie. Maybe he was but he isn't now.

Comment

Working...
                      X