No announcement yet.

Let's Talk Strategy....What can Kell Brook do to Shock the World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    You have seen him adapt on rangy "Southpaws" such as who?!

Proksa? Monroe Jr.? Fuchigami? World Champs? lol!!!

oh you guys...
    Andre Dirrell

Comment

Originally posted by RealIzm View Post
      Andre Dirrell
      in the amateurs? .... points are practical vs getting rocked without padding. what year was that? compare it to now

Comment

Brook should be allowed to use PEDs.

Comment

in the amateurs? .... points are practical vs getting rocked without padding. what year was that? compare it to now
          That doesn't mean anything. Watch it. Pretty dope fight. Dirrell controls distance, sets traps and counters at will on GGG. GGG does a good a job of finding a way in. Sorry that doesn't suit your silly narrative. And I'm not even a Golovkin fan. Trust me, he can fight a long southpaw. The only difference is the wearing of headgear. Both rock the daylights out of one another.

Comment

He must not stay in the pocket.

That is his strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by RealIzm View Post
              That doesn't mean anything. Watch it. Pretty dope fight. Dirrell controls distance, sets traps and counters at will on GGG. GGG does a good a job of finding a way in. Sorry that doesn't suit your silly narrative. And I'm not even a Golovkin fan. Trust me, he can fight a long southpaw. The only difference is the wearing of headgear. Both rock the daylights out of one another.
              I seen that fight.... my message was somewhat rhetorical and to the point about NOW. Lil'G gets slower every year. Look at 2011 and now. dude's so slow

Comment

I seen that fight.... my message was somewhat rhetorical and to the point about NOW. Lil'G gets slower every year. Look at 2011 and now. dude's so slow
                Come on man. He ain't that slow. For a middleweight Golovkin has average speed. I wouldn't call him slow. Being a huge Dirrell fan I would love to see that fight now. Dirrell still throwing laser beams! Just wish he'd get his act together

Comment

The only thing Brook has that's possibly better is th jab.

I guess if he could somehow manage to stick and move that would be his best bet. But GGG is extremely skillful.

With Khan there was a way you could invisage him win. With Brook there's not IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                    So I've vented, said what I needed to say, now I'm ready to talk boxing again.

I look at Kell Brook, while difficult to judge from subpar opposition, has a decent jab, prefers to maintain his distance, has no inside game, but has good timing and can catch you on your way in. Against Porter he had success timing Porter when he tried to close distance and wrapping him up to prevent him from working inside.

In this fight, it just seems like GGG has all of the advantages. He operates at the same distance that Brook loves to fight at, works off a strong jab, commits to the body and is an extremely underrated counter puncher.

What can Brook do to win this fight? I can't think of anything strategy wise that he can execute to trouble GGG.
                    He has got to use the same ploy as Lara.. Be on his bicycle all 12 rounds & connect when Golovkin closes the gap & escape.. You cannot trade with Golovkin & get the best of the exchange.. Brook doesn't hit hard enough.. He could not hurt Porter, who was rocked many times by Thurman & Broner dropped him once.. Clinching definitely wont help as Golovkin will be the heavier, stronger man..

As much as I don't like the fight, I want to see how Kell Brook operates at a higher weight because we cannot stay in WW all his career.. Kell Brook is an easy Jr. MW frame guy & I think he might move up to it sooner than I had initially thought..

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
                      He needs to have what Khan didn't: chin.
                      There you go.. Fixed it for you..

Comment

Working...
                      X