Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin-Kell Brook Finalized For September 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by batista84 View Post

TODAY
    Golovkin "Can't fight Ward @168, Can't fight Canelo @155, Ramirez name isn't big enough, Lara name isn't big"

Golovkin "I fight a WW THE FULL 160!, because I need big name"

NOW DEFEND THAT *****!
    I just destroyed any possible counterargument.
    Ward never offered a fight at 168 until day after Lemieux unification was signed. No serious sports writer (Dan Rafael etc.) believes Golovkin ducked that.

Golovkin said they wouldn't negotiate weight with Canelo while he was defending the belt. They would have negotiated weight after Canelo gave it up, but Canelo didn't even attempt to negotiate.

Ramirez broke his hand, and his promoter Arum wants GGG next year.

Lara's promoter has never actually called Loeffler, it's a classic name drop.

I'm not saying this is a great fight, but your supposed examples of Golovkin ducking people are all BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
      Brooks will be very close to same weight as GGG come fight night. He will put on some weight and he already comes in at 165. So the weight won't be issue.

But Brooks should have tested the waters first.

However, if ggg turned down this fight haters would nail him for that. They know it.
      you guys have no self respect for defending this joke.... look at my posts from the canelo-khan fight... canelo gave khan 5 months to go up 8lbs and i still called that a joke and i trashed that fight every time i talked about it, ggg gives brook 2 months to go up 13 lbs and you fanboys find a way to defend it...
      you guys are officially the worst fanbase on boxingscene...

Comment

• Let's be very clear, anyone that bashed Canelo facing Khan but is now rationalizing GGG facing Brook needs to kill themselves. Immediately.

Anyone that rationalized Canelo facing Khan but is bashing GGG for facing Brook, end your own life. Immediately.

Comment

You mean Canelo wouldn't fight GGG at 160, but Brook will.

You mean Canelo instead fought a glass jawed WW Khan who had twice been KO'd at 140, but you think this fight is bad.

Well GGG had to fight someone since Coward Canelo wouldn't. And GGG tried to get Ward at 168.

And Canelo said he'd fight ggg at 160 but then biiiiitched out.

Canelo is scared, but Brook isn't.
          And GGG is fighting a WW rather than a SMW....Stop trying to spin this. GGG is doing the same bit(h move Canelo did.

Comment

His rehydration weight is over 160. I suspect the weight gap won't be an issue.
            yep, khan rehydrates bigger than brook and still was a joke...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              Your point being? That changes the fact that he's wasted a year of his prime on **** fights? What's the point of holding onto belts to fight welter weights?
              When every top fighter in your own class won't fight you, you take what you can get.

In the same sentence you biiitched about GGG fighting a mandatory, but now he is taking on a guy who'll come in at most five pounds lighter on fight night and is a top fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                Your point being? That changes the fact that he's wasted a year of his prime on **** fights? What's the point of holding onto belts to fight welter weights?
                The point of having the belts is... to have the belts. It's self explanatory.

I'm not saying this is a great fight, I am saying you can't hold mandatory defenses (any of them) against the beltholders who have to take them.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  Lay off the crack

Delusional Brook fanboys
                  Says the man dedicated to hating on the man......

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                    yep, khan rehydrates bigger than brook and still was a joke...
                    Khan doesn't rehydrate higher than Brooks. But he also had been KO'd twice at 140-147.

Brooks at least is an undefeated big WW who could easily fight at 154.

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                      Seen every televised fight both men have ever had. Brook is better.
                      Who has Brook beaten? Who has Lara beaten? just answer that. thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X