Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr. Wants NO Excuses From Critics After Golovkin Loses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THC View Post
    Here's a great video with clear examples of the technique. Along with Golovkin and DURAN, the Pirog clip is pure dope!
    We know it... But the "slicks" don't and that's why they don't understand what happening to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
      True but reports are they will fight September 16, 2017 and Canelo will fight @ 157 on December 17, 2016 and will fight @ 160 on Cinco De Mayo 2017
      Naw man, DLH & GBP said they were planning to make the GGG/Canelo fight in September of 2017...september. I don't know if you noticed, but they did not choose Cinco de Mayo as the date to make this huge mega-fight...they chose, septemeber. Once again, they made it plain to us that they're not trying to make the biggest fight for the biggest fight night weekend. You understand? They could fit 2 or 3 fights into the gap between now & Cinco de Mayo...but they chose sept 2017 to be the GGG fight. Is any of this making sense yet? Canelo & his team don't want any part of GGG...they're scared...they ducked. End of story. Stop defending him.

Comment

• Originally posted by b0x
        Okay so for one you're asking why Mayweather got away off the ropes from Canelo:

1) Floyd was the best defensive fighter in the world.
        2) Canelo was drained at 152.
        3) Canelo is not as good as GGG at cutting the ring.
        4) Canelo is too green and doesn't have the skills to control Mayweather's position, i.e. getting him on the ropes and keeping him there. That is part of cutting off the ring. Keeping an opponent there.
        5) GGG has a much better range/selection of shots and skills than canelo. So when GGG gets people on the ropes he is much more effective.

So to expect Eubank jr to dance perfectly and get off the ropes like Mayweather is crazy. Also a lot of them fall back to the ropes because they get hurt so badly in the middle of the ring. Who has tried to rope-a-dope golovkin? Cause most of what I've seen has been fighters leaning on the ropes because they are in trouble. Then what follows shortly after is a desperate attempt to fire back and get GGG off them before they finally get KOed.

GGG is one of, if not the most efficient boxers in the world. Eubank will get hurt badly in this fight. He can move around all he wants, because yes he does have a good engine. But when he tries to throw he will be hammered. Either that or Golovkin will stalk him, trap him and end him. Eubank is nowhere near the level needed to consistently avoid golovkin. Even Mayweather would not be able to do it. Case in point Cotto and Maidana and so on, getting him on the ropes. GGG would do more damage than them too.

The only person who gave Golovkin any kind of trouble with movement, in any way, was Geale early on (and that was only in spots). He came out moving like a complete maniac. And that was a pace he couldn't hold for more than 3 rounds. And Golovkin was still clubbing him when he connected.

This is why the only guy that is a genuine threat to Golovkin is ward. A bigger guy who can clinch, move and box brilliantly, and also use underhand tactics to his benefit. To suggest Eubank jr has any of these qualities is simply absurd to me, as he has not displayed world-level anything apart from stamina.
        Pretty spot-on analysis. Eubank definitely would need to put in some really good work in camp & learn a bunch of new things if he wants any chance at beating GGG. The odds will be stacked against him, that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
          Cotto has never been stopped when he's not drained tho

Pac made him go down to 144

Margarito had the illegal wraps and i think we all know what happens between them in a fair fight

And the more the fight marinates the bigger it gets, De La Hoya said right after the Cotto fight in Nov 2015 that the Golovkin fight will happen in 2017 so idk. And no one knows whats gonna happen tho, were not god. What if Liam Smith beats Canelo and Golovkin gets beat by Eubank Jr? we never know I see the fight as a 60/40 fight in Favor of Canelo. Canelo has never had problems with fighters that come forward. Golovkins best win was aginst Geale he was stopped just as fast by a much smaller guy in Cotto
          Pac was at 145 not 144, 1lb below Cottos last weight. Gtfo with drained, he ran a marathon for 6 rounds to try and get away from the midget, almost made it to the finish line. Who moves like that for 6 rounds non stop when drained?

You're all over the place. First 95% sure on Canelo by KTFO, 5 posts later you see it as a 60/40 fight hmm. Is that a trainer thing, being full of ****?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Pac was at 145 not 144, 1lb below Cottos last weight. Gtfo with drained
            Wait, weren't you the one throwing shade on Mayweather vs Canelo taking place at 152 even though that was 1 lb less than Canelo's weight against Trout of 153 lbs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              Wait, weren't you the one throwing shade on Mayweather vs Canelo taking place at 152 even though that was 1 lb less than Canelo's weight against Trout of 153 lbs?
              Of course I was, cause Floyd and his minions spent years tearing into Pac for the CWs. Remember "Cotto was undefeated cause Pac fought him at a CW... I want my opponents at their best weight... Pac cheating history". And one year later this little hypocrite demands a CW at the same weight as a 2x Sww champ, the first time hes fighting a natural SWW lol

Comment

Pac was at 145 not 144, 1lb below Cottos last weight. Gtfo with drained, he ran a marathon for 6 rounds to try and get away from the midget, almost made it to the finish line. Who moves like that for 6 rounds non stop when drained?

You're all over the place. First 95% sure on Canelo by KTFO, 5 posts later you see it as a 60/40 fight hmm. Is that a trainer thing, being full of ****?
                I still believe Canelo would win but tell me if I'm wrong Cotto also beat the best guy on Golovkin's resume

Comment

Of course I was, cause Floyd and his minions spent years tearing into Pac for the CWs. Remember "Cotto was undefeated cause Pac fought him at a CW... I want my opponents at their best weight... Pac cheating history". And one year later this little hypocrite demands a CW at the same weight as a 2x Sww champ, the first time hes fighting a natural SWW lol
                  Yes, Floyd contradicted himself and the people that attacked Pac, but said Floyd was cool for doing the same thing, contradicted themselves as well.

You also contradicted yourself for saying Cotto wasn't drained for losing a pound against Pac, but saying Canelo was drained against Floyd for losing a pound.

This place is one big merry go round.

Comment

• Originally posted by b0x
                    Canelo was big-time drained vs Mayweather.
                    "I'll drop to 150 lbs for Mayweather.".

- Canelo

http://www.boxingscene.com/saul-alva...ther-jr--46563

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                      Yes, Floyd contradicted himself and the people that attacked Pac, but said Floyd was cool for doing the same thing, contradicted themselves as well.

You also contradicted yourself for saying Cotto wasn't drained for losing a pound against Pac, but saying Canelo was drained against Floyd for losing a pound.

This place is one big merry go round.
                      No at all. I slammed the Canelo CW on principle. I've said many times it's same outcome at 154. Btw you know there's no rules that if one guy can drop x lbs without being drained, so can everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X