Gennady Golovking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gennady Golovking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQtIyagNO-A
    He's about to sign the contract to fight Chris Eubank Jr.! What do you this about it?

Underwhelmed.

Saunders would have been better.

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
      Underwhelmed.

Mainly because of the WBO belt, not regarding the level of the fight.

Saunders beat Eubank jr by SD.
      I wouldn't say Saunders is classes above junior.

I had a draw and Eubank has been more active stopping 5 guys since their fight while Saunders fought twice.

I like that Eubank fight.

What's is left for GGG at 160 since Nelo vacated are Eubank, Jacobs and Saunders.

Good fight

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        Mainly because of the WBO belt, not regarding the level of the fight.

Saunders beat Eubank jr by SD.
        I wouldn't say Saunders is classes above junior.

I had a draw and Eubank has been more active stopping 5 guys since their fight while Saunders fought twice.

I like that Eubank fight.

What's is left for GGG at 160 since Nelo vacated are Eubank, Jacobs and Saunders.

Good fight
        Saunders is more talented. Saunders has a better resume (CEJ, Lee) Saunders has a belt. Saunders is THE man in the UK right now not CEJ.

I don't care if you had it a draw. Saunders was schooling Eubank for the first half. Clearly a level above if he can maintain that throughout a fight but he seems to coast the last few rounds like the Lee fight too. Saunders HAS actually shown he is on a different level if you watch the fight. CEJ never got the upper hand in any sustained period of the fight really whereas BJS did. CEJ is just more bullish & has better physicality than Saunders but overall I'd say Saunders is a better natural talent.

Comment

Saunders is more talented. Saunders has a better resume (CEJ, Lee) Saunders has a belt. Saunders is THE man in the UK right now not CEJ.

I don't care if you had it a draw. Saunders was schooling Eubank for the first half. Clearly a level above if he can maintain that throughout a fight but he seems to coast the last few rounds like the Lee fight too. Saunders HAS actually shown he is on a different level if you watch the fight. CEJ never got the upper hand in any sustained period of the fight really whereas BJS did. CEJ is just more bullish & has better physicality than Saunders but overall I'd say Saunders is a better natural talent.
          Well put, i feel the same way, i think BJS is very very talented but he needs to get a new trainer and conditioning coach, his conditioning and stamina sucks and he often looks flabby/not ripped, and he seems to gain weight between fights, which really sucks cause hes such a good fighter who is very crafty and elusive, and i could see him giving Golovkin problems maybe even beating him if he fixes his conditioning problems.

And as for Eubank Jr id rather see him rematrch BJS before fighting Golovkin, to find out who wins the rematch and to have another title in play so that it can become a unification, and besides Eubanks latest opponents havent tested him whatsoever, he needs a live opponent, and he isnt ready for Golovkin just yet imo

Comment

Underwhelmed.

Saunders keeps upping his cut of the PPV because he knows he'll get beat and then retire to clean stables for the rest of his rural life.

Eubank is way more entertaining and has come on leaps and bounds, it's a good match up.

Saunders is as dull as his potty mouth

Comment

I love watching GGG fight. I think the guy is a tremendous fighter and I know he's the real deal.

I'm also tired of the competition level this guy is fighting. I know guys are ducking him and avoiding to fight him but GGG needs to start taking some blame. He can't keep saying these guys are pricing themselves out or avoiding him. He needs to start making offers that these fighters can't resist and I'm not talking about crazy amounts of money but amounts where if it is turned down make that stuff public.

As much as I love the guys fighting style, I want to see him in there with better comp. or I hate to say it but move up. There are a few fights at middleweight that would make him good money but also be able to make his opponent good money too. Fights with BJS and Jacobs is very sellable. I could careless about Canelo because dude wants nothing to do with GGG.

The Eubanks fight to me is an ok fight. It's better than what he's been in lately, so it's s decent fight but nothing spectacular. GGG should be able to handle him like past oppenents.

Comment

Best fight Gennady can get since Canelo, Saunders & Jacobs aren't willing to step up to the plate.

Comment

But one wants the fight and the other one doesn't. Who says gay stuff like "he'll beat both of us"?

Comment

I don't think Eubank is ready for this, but he's the only middleweight with testicles. So go ahead, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X