Comments Thread For: Rau'Shee Warren vs. Jamie McDonnell Ordered By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rau'shee by brutal ko

Comment

Would be a great co-feature for Gary Russell Jr. vs. Lee Selby! Make them both happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Would be a great co-feature for Gary Russell Jr. vs. Lee Selby! Make them both happen!
        I really like the sound of this. Where do you think it will take place? There doesn't seem like any obvious venue to host it in.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          I really like the sound of this. Where do you think it will take place? There doesn't seem like any obvious venue to host it in.
          I don't know, but I really don't care. I just think that would be a nice card!

Comment

The best chance Jamie has is not 2 take the fight, something unusual will happen in this o1, Warren by TKO...

Comment

JM wins. He's underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                You might not care about it but I think it's a very interesting fight. McDonnell put on some good showings against Tomoki Kameda.

It is interesting to note that the WBA hasn't ordered Lil G vs Jacobs, though.
                Or why they didn't order Mayweather-Lara, or order anything with Andre Ward when he held onto his WBA belt without fighting for 2 years. We already know the answer..

But its a very good fight. McDonnell should be the slight favourite, he's proven a lot at the weight. Warren sc****d two either way fights with Payano so we really don't know much about him. The fight wouldn't even be talked about had Payano won again, which was really only down to the luck of the judges.

The winner should face Yamanaka to put a decisive stamp on the division. Theres a lot of good fighters at 118

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Not just that, they ordered mando fights for 130 and 140 too...so Jezreel and Sosa and then Burns/Some Belrusian... but they never ordered it anywhere else.

Just WBA being selective again. The 118 mando is better than the other two, but they just being selective again
                  I suppose... but the Burns fiasco was for a vacant title, nothing was ordered per se. Burn's hadn't fought at 140 for well over a year.

Even Uchiyama-Corrales was typical WBA. Jezreel wasn't even the mandatory, Fortuna was. Fortuna refused the money offered and so the WBA randomly decided nah fk it, fight the interim champ instead. We can't be bothered with the paperwork..

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Or why they didn't order Mayweather-Lara, or order anything with Andre Ward when he held onto his WBA belt without fighting for 2 years. We already know the answer..
                    It has only been within the past year that the WBA made a push to unify their regular and super champions. That's what we're talking about, not stuff from years past.

Even though they claim they are making that push there are several super vs regular matchups that they haven't ordered yet.

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    But its a very good fight. McDonnell should be the slight favourite, he's proven a lot at the weight. Warren sc****d two either way fights with Payano so we really don't know much about him. The fight wouldn't even be talked about had Payano won again, which was really only down to the luck of the judges.
                    Well, obviously if Payano had won we'd be talking about him vs McDonnell instead. But I don't think his recent loss to Warren was down to luck, Rau'Shee beat him close but clear this time. Their first fight was more of a coin flip.
                    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 07-01-2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X