Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter Plots Fall Return, Wants Immediate Thurman Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Porter Plots Fall Return, Wants Immediate Thurman Rematch

After battling tooth-and-nail with Keith Thurman (27-0, 22KOs) for twelve rounds this past Saturday night at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, Shawn Porter (26-2, 16KOs) found himself on the short end of the stick on all three scorecards - with the official judges united on the score of 115-113.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's the ****ing spirit.

I wish more boxers would have that type of mentality now a days

Comment

rematch can wait, thurman got bigger fish to fry. 147 is too stacked, if he wants to clean it out, he has to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        That's the ****ing spirit.

I wish more boxers would have that type of mentality now a days
        +1

Good on Porter

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
          rematch can wait, thurman got bigger fish to fry. 147 is too stacked, if he wants to clean it out, he has to move on.
          Agreed. As good as that fight was the division is setting itself up for a total unification by next year, a rematch right now will stagnate that.

Porter deserves another big fight though. Maybe they can feed him Guerrero or Berto in the mean time.
          Last edited by NapalmKnuckles; 06-30-2016, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Porter fought a well as he could against Thurman and still lost

Porter will never beat Thurman in the ring. Thurman is just the better fighter. Short Port gave gives his best shop and lost. It was a great fight between two black Zulu warriors at the top of their game. Boxing won big in this fight.

Comment

Porter should look for a Brook rematch, or even fight Guerrero/Berto for an ugly slugfest. If Thurman isn't unifying with Garcia by the end of the year, then Haymon's being a cocktease again. Khan, meanwhile, should rematch Peterson.

Comment

It was close enough where a rematch is in order. Maybe not immediately necessarily but we gotta see that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
                  I agree. I'm never a fan of immediate rematches. Maybe at the end of next year they can rematch

Comment

Porter surely deserves a rematch since the fight was so close, but I suspect there is 0% chance of him getting an immediate rematch due to Thurman's mandatory & Garcia being brought up so much + probably only like a 33%-50% chance it'd happen within a year of the first fight.

Best move for Porter is to fight the biggest possible fights to keep himself as high up & relevant as possible. If he has some more Erick Bone type fights I suspect he could push his chances back on getting a rematch sooner than later.

Comment

Working...
                    X