Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Povetkin DID NOT fail a drug test. Rational discussion inside.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Povetkin DID NOT fail a drug test. Rational discussion inside.

EDIT2: Povetkin is still considered suspicious and under investigation. The fact that the concentration was so low it implies that he MIGHT get a pass, but the mere present of Meldonium can mean that he failed the test. So I kinda owned myself. Read here: https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws....-notice-en.pdf

This is the part that is more important:

2)
    Results management may be stayed
    :
    a.
    If the concentration is between 1 and 15 μ
    g/mL and the test was taken before 1
    March 2016, given that the results of ongoing excretion studies are needed to
    de termine the time of the ingestion.
    b.
    If the concentration is below 1 μ
    g/mL and the test was taken after 1 March given
    that the results of ongoing excretion studies are needed to determine the time of
    the ingestion.
    The following options may be followed, at the discretion of the Results Management
    Authority when the results management is stayed:
    i.
    The athlete continues serving his or her provisional suspension until the
    excretion studies results are available and a decision can be taken.
    ii.
    The provisional su
    spension is lifted. However, in this case, the athlete shall
    be informed that if it is later established based on the results of the
    excretion studies that he/she did take the drug on or after 1 January 2016,
    (i) all the results during the period in which
    the provisional suspension is
    lifted may be cancelled and prizes returned, and (ii) the ineligibility period
    ultimately imposed is likely to start on the date of the decision (with a credit
    for the provisional suspension already served).
    The fact that he tested clean and then showed traces of meldonium is what will decide the outcome. But the WADA admits that the excretion rate is still being investigated.
    I believe he will get a pass and the fight will get made later.
    Last edited by _Maxi; 06-29-2016, 08:59 PM.

Well you got a point

Comment

Comment

We know that now... it was below the limit which means it wasn't failed at all. There are just a couple people who talked too much s hit and they can't back off it now lol.

The problem is that they made an issue about it then basically back tracked and were like "so...that test? Turns out that it was perfectly fine."

The issue as far as I know is that it didnt even require "investigation" because he was below the limit which means it wasnt even a problem at all? (Maybe they found out after the investigation but I dont know every detail.) there should have never been an issue to begin with because he was significantly under the limit. His reputation took a hit as well as his bank account for apparently NO reason at all lol. It's actually kind of f ucked up if you think about it.

Comment

what is this "below the limit" stuff? lol

It's banned!

Ok, so WADA banned it in Jan. of 2016. Therefore, any remnant use from 2015 would show up in Povetkin's tests, which means, the FAILED test that started the whole mess post April is completely inconsistent with the remnants of 2015. Why hasn't Margaret Goodman given any clarity about this? ... lol

Comment

How do you pass 3 tests..then fail the 4th one?

Comment

If he failed the 1st test then fine..but he PASSED THE 1ST 3 DAMN TESTS!!!THEN FAILED THE 4TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

They are trying to keep us down

Comment

why would you ban a drug made by the ingenuity of man to help improve a man do his job?

if you are a decent, god fearing human being, with a modicum of honesty, intellect, and righteousness,

you have to agree with me on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    They are trying to keep us down
                    us other folks didnt get enslanved and get the benefit of great mandingo athleticism genes.

what about us?

no pedo.

Comment

Working...
                    X