Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eubank Jr. expected to pocket $4M for Golovkin fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it with the morons who suggest Danny Jacobs is worth this kind of money? Haymon's prized jewel is Wilder and they only bid a little over $5mill for a combined purse between Wilder/Povetkin.

Danny Jacobs has been an undercard fighter in every one of his fights until Peter Quillin, and it bombed! Before that fight Danny never seen half that much money for a fight, now he's suddenly worth twice that??? Jacobs deserves to be stripped if he still says no to Golovkin after the Eubank fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
      Incorrect. He's quite despised & un-liked actually.

Joshua, Frampton & Selby are way more popular.

Even B level Burns & Bellew are more popular! So was the kid he beat last time out too!
      I have no clue how well-known Eubank is compared to his UK contemporaries, but popularity doesn't always equal likability. Eubank does have an entertaining style, and if many find him detestable, then they'll probably come out to see GGG smack him around. We know that the Eubanks will do best to sell this fight.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 06-30-2016, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
        £4 million is a 'estimate'...

If the fight gets made i'd be surprised if Eubanks walked away with more than £2 million.

Still a very, very decent figure for someone who has not fought above domestic level.
        The Eubanks wanted a guaranteed purse and that's what stalled the contract signing, with PPV upside I'd expect them to make more.

Comment

• K2 doesn't have to make the offer. Haymon can easily do it if Jacobs really wants it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Exactly what I was going to post! With fight fans being so inconsistent in the US it would be too risky to put up that type of money for a fight in the US not knowing for sure if you can make it back and and profit from Ticket Sells and PPV Buys. In the UK vs Eubank I think it is a far better chance they make their money back and a profit

That would be HUGE for the UK especially for Eddie Hearn who wants to make the UK the new Mecca of boxing as he talked about Boxing in the US will have a dry spell and I think he is rigt it will be a struggle for awhile in the US until something interesting comes along that can grab and keep the attention of Casuals
            And what better way to cement UK's status than to get renowned opponents to fight in front of the UK public against his stable? This is why Hearn is salivating for Wilder vs. Joshua in the UK, and I can't blame him. The only thing better than a 'domestic dust-up' is having someone of GGG's caliber fighting against a promising young talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              And what better way to cement UK's status than to get renowned opponents to fight in front of the UK public against his stable? This is why Hearn is salivating for Wilder vs. Joshua in the UK, and I can't blame him. The only thing better than a 'domestic dust-up' is having someone of GGG's caliber fighting against a promising young talent.
              How was the hype for the Klitschko/Fury rematch? Hearn said it was pretty flat.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  EXACTLY! If he give them a reason to travel they will come and their promoters will allow it but if he tried to gt them to go to the UK for Cheap and fight then no people will not travel for a Purse they can make in the States if not More.

I'm American in the US but I will be honest, I enjoy the Atmosphere for fights in the UK a lot more because the fans are into it, it just comes off better and it feels like a big fight and a special moment when the fans are100% into the fight

Getting the Vargas fight in the UK as well as GGG vs Eubank is a major win for HIM!
                  Last edited by sicko; 06-30-2016, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    EXACTLY! If he give them a reason to travel they will come and their promoters will allow it but if he tried to gt them to go to the UK for Cheap and fight then no people will not travel for a Purse they can make in the States if not More.

I'm American in the US but I will be honest, I enjoy the Atmosphere for fights in the UK a lot more because the fans are into it, it just comes off better and it feels like a big fight and a special moment when the fans are100% into the fight

Getting the Vargas fight in the UK as well as GGG vs Eubank is a major win for HIM!
                    Unfortunately...Brook is yet to sign his end of the contract, team Vargas tied up their end a month ago. Kell Brook is apparently unhappy with his split.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                      Unfortunately...Brook is yet to sign his end of the contract, team Vargas tied up their end a month ago. Kell Brook is apparently unhappy with his split.
                      Do you know how much he's making ? I read that vargas was supposed to make more than him crazy if true

Comment

Working...
                      X