Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 154 underrated? Is it better than 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 154 underrated? Is it better than 147?

Saul Canelo Alvarez
    Jermall Charlo
    Jermell Charlo
    Austin Trout
    Demetrius Andrade
    Vanes Martirosyan
    Erislandy Lara
    Jarrett Hurd
    Erickson Lubin
    Julian Williams
    Terrell Gausha
    Kell Brook (soon)
    Errol Spence (soon)

Very strong division.

It's warming up but nah

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist95 View Post
      Saul Canelo Alvarez
      Jermall Charlo
      Jermell Charlo
      Austin Trout
      Demetrius Andrade
      Vanes Martirosyan
      Erislandy Lara
      Jarrett Hurd
      Erickson Lubin
      Julian Williams
      Terrell Gausha
      Kell Brook (soon)
      Errol Spence (soon)

Very strong division.
      Love the division, but like 147, there are to many 0's floating around which means guys hav'nt really been fighting each other up to this point. Hopefully whats been happening recently continues and we can get a clear cut best in each division.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugilist95 View Post
        Saul Canelo Alvarez
        Jermall Charlo
        Jermell Charlo
        Austin Trout
        Demetrius Andrade
        Vanes Martirosyan
        Erislandy Lara
        Jarrett Hurd
        Erickson Lubin
        Julian Williams
        Terrell Gausha
        Kell Brook (soon)
        Errol Spence (soon)

Very strong division.
        you can also add cotto in there...

Comment

IMO I like it over 147, mostly because these guys are all young bucks willing to fight one another(or so it seems)

Comment

I think 147 is the most over rated division. I mean porters a top five guy and his boxing skills are terrible. I'm not even sure how legit Garcia is at ww either, he looked rocky against old ass ghost.

I think 154 is way stronger to me as a group. They're lanky fighters that can box. I think the only problem with they group I'd that they don't have a clear monster in that group. Andrade is looking like the best of them but he needs to get the fights to prove it.

Comment

You left out Cotto who is an excellent fighter. Personally I think 154 is probably as strong or stronger than 147. I would bet money on Lara, Canelo, Jermal Charlo,and Andrate to beat any of the current welterweights. Cotto and Canelo both held the lineal middleweight title for a short time. Neither was ever as good as GGG but both are good enough to defeat any welterweight in my opinion. The only welterweights I give any chance to defeat the best 154 pounders are Thurman, Spence and Brook because they are very good large welterweights who might carry 154 pounds well. Welterweight gets lots of attention because that's where Mayweather and Pacquiao fought at. That doesn't mean the welterweight division is the best right now. When I imagine guys like Garcia or Vargas fighting guys like Canelo, Cotto, Lara or Andrate I imagine a one sided loss for the welterweights. That's just my honest opinion.

Comment

yea not underrated

Comment

Spence and Brook are welterweights, so it's not reasonable to even mention them.

154 is very good but I prefer 147, if I were to do a combined top 10 P4P, it would be pretty even and look something like this:

1. Spence
                  2. Andrade
                  3. Canelo
                  4. Lara
                  5. Cotto
                  6. Brook
                  7. Thurman
                  8. Williams
                  9. Porter
                  10. Bradley

Comment

Welterweight is pretty dormant and unremarkable at the minute

154 looks a lot healthier, especially with Canelo moving back down.

Comment

Working...
                    X