Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if FMJ was fighting the likes of Brand in his prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    yes they are at fault too. they caved in to ward and his diva demands again. they only want the ward fight so they can build up kovalev but it takes so much effort just to get him in the ring that they are bending over backwards for him.
    Yeah, HBO got worried and caved into Ward's demands. Anything rather than placing blame where it belongs. Then again, that is what you specialize in.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      HBO is making the fight to build to Ward v Kov. They obviously do not want Ward to lose before that fight so they ok'd an easy opponent and are pretty much paying Ward to spar.

this. brand's a worse tuneup than even marquez, who was a great, but looked like an overweight bug hitting a windshield when he fought floyd mayweather. he didn't start to *cough* become a welterweight *cough* until he hooked up with memo heredia and went through puberty for the second time in his late 30's. ward vs brand is a sparring match on TV and that will cost HBO buku dollars initially. this is an investment.

also, floyd never fought a bigger, p4p fighter in his prime.

if ward beats kovalev it will be a better single win than anything on floyd's resume. not saying that it makes floyd a greater fighter by having this one astounding win, but that it will be a better win than antying on floyd's resume.

kovalev is exactly the kind of fighter floyd mayweather's camp avoided. pacquiao's, too. those guys had more to lose than these two. they made their way into the spotlight with an easier fight, which was an aging oscar at 154 for floyd, and a shot to bits and drained oscar at 147 for pacquiao.

i will be at the fight if everything goes to plan. it's the most significant fight in boxing right now. postol and crawford is #2 for me. there's more parody than golovkin - alvarez.
      Last edited by New England; 06-29-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post
        look at The Big Dunn happily slurping ward's diarhea

ward's signed for the most significant fight in boxing. frankly, if you don't want him to tune up and be at his best, which he needs to be to make this the most significant fight in boxing, you're just not a fan of the sport.

ward tuning up is a good thing. it sucks for HBO and the people who buy it that they need to essentially lose a fight's worth of budget for a tune up, but it's what's going to get ward in the ring at his best in november, when it really matters.

some of you guys just arent boxing fans. you are crapping on a guy who is fighting a prime p4p fighter in november. and kovalev is bigger than he is! do you have any idea how rare it is for prime, p4p fighters to even be in the same weight neighborhood, never mind to fight?

Comment

Yeah, HBO got worried and caved into Ward's demands. Anything rather than placing blame where it belongs. Then again, that is what you specialize in.
          yes they are at fault too. they caved in to ward and his diva demands again. they only want the ward fight so they can build up kovalev but it takes so much effort just to get him in the ring that they are bending over backwards for him.
          hmmm i see in my post i clearly say they are at fault too but you and your comprehension problems rear their ugly head again. where does the blame belong? only on hbo? yeah because they wanted him to fight alexander brand....no they wanted him to fight someone good but they couldn't risk losing the kovalev-ward fight so the blame lies with ward for fighting a bum and taking advantage of hbo and hbo for letting ward fight a bum. you never have blamed floyd or ward for anything even when its clear they were at fault so you have no credibility as you are so biased. low comprehension and high bias=bad combo

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            ward's signed for the most significant fight in boxing. frankly, if you don't want him to tune up and be at his best, which he needs to be to make this the most significant fight in boxing, you're just not a fan of the sport.

ward tuning up is a good thing. it sucks for HBO and the people who buy it that they need to essentially lose a fight's worth of budget for a tune up, but it's what's going to get ward in the ring at his best in november, when it really matters.

some of you guys just arent boxing fans. you are crapping on a guy who is fighting a prime p4p fighter in november. and kovalev is bigger than he is! do you have any idea how rare it is for prime, p4p fighters to even be in the same weight neighborhood, never mind to fight?
            didn't he just have 2 tune ups?

Comment

It's a bull***** fight that nobody wants to see. Ward will get better work in sparring. It's a damn shame a fight like Postol vs Crawford has to go on PPV, but bull***** like this gets aired. Kovalev if fighting a top 10 guy, while Ward is fighting a hand picked can. There is far too much talent at 175 for Ward to be fighting a can.

Comment

this. brand's a worse tuneup than even marquez, who was a great, but looked like an overweight bug hitting a windshield when he fought floyd mayweather. he didn't start to *cough* become a welterweight *cough* until he hooked up with memo heredia and went through puberty for the second time in his late 30's. ward vs brand is a sparring match on TV and that will cost HBO buku dollars initially. this is an investment.

also, floyd never fought a bigger, p4p fighter in his prime.

if ward beats kovalev it will be a better single win than anything on floyd's resume. not saying that it makes floyd a greater fighter by having this one astounding win, but that it will be a better win than antying on floyd's resume.

kovalev is exactly the kind of fighter floyd mayweather's camp avoided. pacquiao's, too. those guys had more to lose than these two. they made their way into the spotlight with an easier fight, which was an aging oscar at 154 for floyd, and a shot to bits and drained oscar at 147 for pacquiao.

i will be at the fight if everything goes to plan. it's the most significant fight in boxing right now. postol and crawford is #2 for me. there's more parody than golovkin - alvarez.
                so you accuse JMM of juicing but you dont accuse the guy who ducked drug testing for a decade? until he had IRS issues. The guy has tattoos and even freddie roach admitted drug testing and cut off dates ruined first round of negotiations for the the mayweather fight. Then calls the guy shady and admits he doesnt know whats in Pacquaios work out drinks

Man...Pacquaio fans are more bitter than a woman scorned

Comment

no one is crapping on the ward-kovalev fight but that fight isn't happening next. if the fight does happen it will be a clinch fest anyway but i guess i'm not a boxing fan since i dont like that. ward-kessler=boxing! just try showing that to someone who has never seen boxing they would be like "oh ok so boxing is a sport where one guy holds the other and headbutts him and the other guy tries not to be held and headbutted and if he gets headbutted and held enough he loses?" ..........i'd be like "yeah basically"

Comment

hmmm i see in my post i clearly say they are at fault too but you and your comprehension problems rear their ugly head again. where does the blame belong? only on hbo? yeah because they wanted him to fight alexander brand....no they wanted him to fight someone good but they couldn't risk losing the kovalev-ward fight so the blame lies with ward for fighting a bum and taking advantage of hbo and hbo for letting ward fight a bum. you never have blamed floyd or ward for anything even when its clear they were at fault so you have no credibility as you are so biased. low comprehension and high bias=bad combo
                    HBO are at fault singularly for approving this garbage. I expect Roc Nation to offer HBO an easy fight. I expect HBO to say NO. Had they not already announced Kov/Ward then maybe they might have rejected and steered ward toward a better opponent.

If they wanted him to fight someone good they wouldn't have approved this, although
                    New England's point is a fair one.

Comment

and that's entirely ward's fault because he has the worlds worst contract(for roc nation) and makes 2 millino dollars per fight so all the money goes to him when he knows damn well he can't generate that much and that the only opponents that will be availabe will be bums that fight for short money. he put himself in this position on purpose. oh noooo now i have to fight a bunch of bums and take all the money i'm so sad lmao
                      That's not exactly true. Ward offered Barrera a career high payday and Barrera turned it down for more money. I wouldn't call offering someone their career high payday for a none championship fight "short money."

Comment

Working...
                      X