Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a coincidence or by design that the roadblock with K2 always seems to be the $$

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    That's what I thought when ODLH said GGG-Canelo is a 90/10 split kinda fight
    Thats a rip off bro...either way. Canelo is in a bad position. He is in no mans land.....GGG would be favored to beat him and Andrade and the Charlos are not easy work. Lara wont get a rematch im sure.

90/10 is bullocks when its two world class fighters in the ring. Canelo isnt a PPV star like ODLH, Floyd, Pac or even Cotto...they had to put years and years in

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      awesome post...Also Ray...to be a killer...you have to BEAT a killer.

that monster, feared crap is promo

You cant expect to fight top ten opposition and title holders with pennies in the jar to give

K2 and HBO pumping him up, im sure they can come up with the money for a decent opponent

That's the thing, for example BJS would make a decent money over here just defending his belt, he would probably make more money in a Eubank rematch than a GGG fight. Now I know everyone want to believe that boxers should fight for legacy but at the end of the day they too have families to feed.

So unless he gets a crazy amount of money to fight GGG then what's 2 million dollars to him if he makes 1.7m dollars fighting average boxers in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        That's the thing, for example BJS would make a decent money over here just defending his belt, he would probably make more money in a Eubank rematch than a GGG fight. Now I know everyone want to believe that boxers should fight for legacy but at the end of the day they too have families to feed.

So unless he gets a crazy amount of money to fight GGG then what's 2 million dollars to him if he makes 1.7m dollars fighting average boxers in the UK?
        ^^^^yup...like my gramps used to say " you gotta pay, to play"

Boxing is a business, in a perfect world the best would simply fight the best but the world isnt perfect. If the pay is right im sure fighters who claim are ducking him would fight him

but like you said, why fight fight A when fighter B brings in the same coin and less risk....its sucks but its boxing

Comment

Working...
        X